No.Plate law change - 1st June

M350ZB

To all those at the wales drive out, you may be able to help me out on this. This is taken from another thread, there was plenty of talk about it at the meet, but does anyone else know anything more about it, can shed any more light. Thought it might be worth posting up to all those not at wales aswell. Mods feel free to move it of in wrong topic.

"But beware as we was told in chester services by the law that i think it was 1st of june misrepresented and ilegal spacing of number plates will incur a £60 fine and 3 points"

So from the 1st of june, you get 3 points and a £60 fine, for an illigal no.plate ??????

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, its tough, but its the only way people will actually start respecting number plate legalities.

You might be thankful for it one day, if you car is stolen and picked up by an ANPR camera, at least you might stand a chance of getting it back!

Interesting one. I can't find anything on either the DVLA website, PH nor the whole of Google about this, so I'm tempted to call BS on it. Saying that, I honestly think it's a bloody good idea and if it stops chavs sticking black dots on their hideously-fonted number plates, then I'm all for it.

I hope its true. I just don't get the point of all these silly fonts and black dots, there are plenty of other legal ways to express yourself. Perhaps the points will be enough to get people to actually change them. As someone said above the standardisation of number plates is for our benefit.

Interesting one. I can't find anything on either the DVLA website, PH nor the whole of Google about this, so I'm tempted to call BS on it. Saying that, I honestly think it's a bloody good idea and if it stops chavs sticking black dots on their hideously-fonted number plates, then I'm all for it.

Yeah i have been trying to look every where for some info and cant find nothing either :wacko:

My problem is that the DVLA (a government department) will happily charge you a premium for a plate which they know full well is only notable when mis-spaced and the police raise further revenue when you do. :dry:

My problem is that the DVLA (a government department) will happily charge you a premium for a plate which they know full well is only notable when mis-spaced and the police raise further revenue when you do. :dry:

+1 :thumbs: , most of you prob saw my no.plate, so now got me thinking the front i can easily do, allthough im still going to have to run a cut-down sized plate, the rear i really dont want it on two levels as such :wacko:

Yes - thats my beef too, surely by charging premium for a plate which becomes noteable when spaced illegaly, they are therefore encouraging the creation of a status symbol by committing a crime. Thus therefor encouraging crime.

I cant be arsed anymore with the risk of a fine and possibly points, so will be getting fully legal plates for the Z.

Was also pointed out to me by the police was the black background on the reg plates of 3FIDDYZ's car.

So Mark if you read this you have been warned ;)

I think a car has to be pre '73 to legally run black plates.

I have a couple of fixers on mine however size, spacing, text and borders are all correct.

I'll see how I feel.....