Red or Yellow stuff pads??!!

cfoster

As above just had the car serviced and my discs and pads are in need of replacement!! I'm going to go for the EBC turbo grooved / drill discs but what pads should I go for. I dont really want to spend loads to be honest on the Ferodos as to be honest I dont really drive the thing so was looking at the red / yellow stuff pads.

What are the difference and what am I better off going for?

Thanks

Chris :)

I bought some Redstuff's for mine about 9 months ago and they've been great. I find them a bit dustier than the standard Brembo's that were on previously but for the £200 saving I made (just the fronts :scare: ) over what the Nissan Main Dealer wanted to charge I'm perfectly happy with them.

i'd go with the yellow stuff to be honest,

EBC recently came clean about their own grading system on their pads,

original it was

Green - same as OEM stock Pads

Red - Better than stock - fast road occassional track

Yellow - track use only

but EBC have said that to be honest there not up to the level that was original stated

Green - is below stock level (for performance cars) suitable for cars under 1.6 litres

Red - Equal to to OEM pads (for performance cars)

Yellow - better than stock - Fast road and occasional track days

which means that EBC don't actually offer a track orientated pad.

so if your going to go EBC go for the yellows. or the ferodo ds2000 perofrmance (not as hardcore as the ds2500 but better than stock) CS sells all of them and get get you what ever you want.

I have the ebc brake discs fitted, grooved and dimpled along with yellowstuff pads :dry:

there are a couple of issues--More brake pressure needed when cold :drive1

When cold they squeel a lot :thumbdown:

Anyone else got sqealing problems with Yellow stuff? I am planning to install mine next week and would be useful to know what to expect!

I have the ebc brake discs fitted, grooved and dimpled along with yellowstuff pads :dry:

Anyone else got sqealing problems with Yellow stuff? I am planning to install mine next week and would be useful to know what to expect!

make sure you put plenty of copper slip/grease behind the pads, should eliminate alot of the squeeling.

original it was

Yellow - track use only

but EBC have said that to be honest there not up to the level that was original stated

Green - is below stock level (for performance cars) suitable for cars under 1.6 litres

so if your going to go EBC go for the yellows. or the ferodo ds2000 perofrmance (not as hardcore as the ds2500 but better than stock) CS sells all of them and get get you what ever you want.

Never heard this before - when did they release that info?

original it was

Yellow - track use only

Never heard this before - when did they release that info?

i don't think it was an official release :blush:

i believe one of my friends was in discussion with one of their people and the information came out.

Anyone else got squealing problems with Yellow stuff? I am planning to install mine next week and would be useful to know what to expect!

Almost nil noise even on the coldest morning (2nd Winter) or hot under heavy braking. Mic-39 were the pads properly bedded in?

Been happy with Yellows, and they produce less dust than Mintex. Having said that will probably go Ferodo when they are due for replacement, just for a change, to see if I like the Ferodo's better. Good enough for the hardcore racecars 350's here, good enough for me and the odd track day.

Ordered a set of redstuff pads from the Cougar Store on Tuesday and they arrived with me yesterday so can't recommend them any higher than that. And at a really good price as well, check out CS's signature, much cheaper than I seen anywhere else.

Mate has his own garage and is fitting them for me at 4 today, so will post my opinion on the pads once they have bedded in.

Fitted today my Yellowstuff all around, changing my 50.000km old pads! All I can say is that the response is miles better and although I havent given them any hard braking at all yet, following the instructions from EBC, they are really silent and as soon as I touch the brake pedal it is like throwing anchors!! :yahoo:

I will come back with impressions after little bedding in!