Sigh of relief...she's back :-)

P15UL T

i have just arrived home from the bodyshop and although we didnt manage to get all the paint work and polishing done in the time scale she is looking pretty sweet and after cleaning the interior tomorrow and bleeding the brakes correctly i will be ready to set off for WALES :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

i have once again stepped over the line in regards to some of the touches but dont worry i dont expect everyone to like it :blush: just dont tell me to my face or i might cry :lol:

see you all there :thumbs:

Paul

Well today was the day...... Got up early to Hoover out the car and get everything sorted for the drive down. Everything was looking good so me and the missis set off but I still felt the brakes were a bit spongy so after filling up I pulled over into an industrial estate and proceeded to bleed the brakes again. Not wanting to remove the wheels I only bled the outer nipples..... Christ !!!! Only made it 100 times worse :(

So with hardly anybraking ability I set of to the bodyshop were I could get the wheels off the car to do it properly. Using the pesky little Nissan jack ( car is too low to fit any kind of trolley jack under) I set about bleeding everything till no more air was present and got the car back together its now about 12 and we set off at 10

Now my heart sank so low at what happened next that I'm surprised that I never downed the bottle of brake fluid that u had just to put an end to my misserey. Only went to drive the car out the body shop and the bloddy thing wouldn't start !!!! It's only happened to me once before with a flat battery. But I could tell this wasn't the case today ..... Bear in mind at this point the wifey had already got through all of her Reading material fir the journey and is looking at me with those eyes....

We rolled it out the bodyshop hoping that when it was out in the road god would be able to see it and fix it for me... Nope... Must have been to busy. LOL.

I took a frustrated walk up to the guy who dies all my audio and wiring as he is a genius and luckly in the same road as the bodyshop. So became down and thoughby the noise that the starter motor was jammed so he gave it a couple of knocks with a hammer ( I remember having to do this every morning with an old work van ). Didn't work :(. A couple of the boys gave us a push and we got it jumped started and I drive round to the audio guys workshop .... Any by the way to perk me up a little the brake were still sh@t.

Ian ( audio guy ) proceed to jack the car up to an obscene height :0. And manage to bridge the electrical part any I could hear the starter motor spinning. Sounded good but on the turn of the key car just kept clicking. Be proceed to dumantle the starter and had it lying in bits on the floor. It was all pretty clean considering it's right next to the clutch dust. There is one part that is sealed and it is a kind of magnetic chamber that once electrified shhhts the piston out that engages the flywheel. As it was sealed he could only pour acetone over it and clean it up.

Once it was all reassembled I turned the key once and woo hoo we have lift off :) and I remembered how I love that nismo exhaust so much :-)

So I proceeded to tell home about how I changed my calipers over and about all the air in the system and he basically told me to do what u had already been doing. So once again I removed all the wheels and worked my way round the corners bleeding the brakes with my darling keeping the presure on the brake pedal whilst reading her guide on how to look after tortoises for the second time today.... Got the car put back together at about 3 o'clock with the brake pedal solid as a rock. Only to turn on the ignition and fir it to loose all prestre and fall to the floor. At this point words escape me. No really I can't even swear I

that gob smacked.

So this time I go through the frikin process again car up wheels off but leaving the ignition on so the master cylinder thingy is working..... Sucess. Thank you so very much fir sparing my sanity.

Point to not us when installing new calipers don't leave the bleed nipples shut as all the air inside is a pain in the ass to get out. LOL.

So finally set off at 3:45 and arrived safley just after 8. So 6 hours wasted. The when reason was to get down here early to take my better half for a spot of shopping. All she got in the end was a hot chocolate from the motorway services and a little teddy that I win from one of those kiddies machines while I was waiting for her to get back from the bathroom. I know I'm really a romantic at heart.

Ok so you want to know the best bit. I am typing this on my iPhone and I have pins and needles in my left hand as this has takenme a bloddy hour to type into the keypad. LOL

Oh and I'm crap at spelling and my Grammer is poor. So I would like to thank you for taking the time to read about our day. Tomorrow better be worth it LOL

Paul out.....

:scare: can't believe you typed that on an iphone B):lol: Good to hear you got it all sorted out in the end.

The when reason was to get down here early to take my better half for a spot of shopping. All she got in the end was a hot chocolate from the motorway services and a little teddy that I win from one of those kiddies machines while I was waiting for her to get back from the bathroom. I know I'm really a romantic at heart.

Bless!! :clap: