Laser Engraving

kta

Managed to sneak some time on the Laser Engraver we have at work, I'm working on a new gearknob at the mo which will be getting engraved but until then I've been burning a few other things!:

torch.jpg

pen.jpg

dish.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they look great B)

How does it work, do you have to create an outlined image? I could be very interested in some stuff doing for my company. pm sent :thumbs:

Creating the image file is the most work tbh, its a .plt format and the software controlling the laser is extremely fussy about what file it will work with and what software can of created it! I'll pm more details in a mo. :D

Excellent, you could have yourself a sneaky little side business there......just don't let the boss catch you :lol:

R

:lol: yeah I'm sure people are wondering why I've started having an interest in the Laser! Maybe i should burn a load in time for the Wales drive out! Anyone for a 350Z torch or Magnetic Zed tray? :teeth:

thats a fairly industrious piece of kit, the ones i have at work are fine for wood and plastic and glass, and i can just about engrave aluminium, but not to the depths that thing of yours is cutting.

am very jealous :byebye:

is that an upside down dog bowl in the last pic :lol:

very nice mate...im off to see what i can get lasered

frikin sharks with laser beams......sorry

:lol: its one of those magnetic trays for holding nuts and bolts when working on the car, stops me losing all the useful bits when i'm dismantling stuff!

/goes to find something to burn sharks into... :teeth: