Le Mans 24hr... any Zeds going?

Sox

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone's taking their zed to the Le Mans 24hr race next month?

I'll be getting my Z well and truly le mans stickered up (pics coming soon)

Sox

:bye:

My second year on the trot this year, taking the missus as well for her first time so it should be interesting if nothing else! I should be doing my stickers in the next couple of weeks, just waiting for a few of them to arrive.

Here's mine from last year, minus the big 24 logo stickers as I didn't get them until the day:

350LM1.jpg

Can't wait now, it's only 5 weeks today until I go! :yahoo:

Hi Dan, Sox

I'm going guys, and it's my second year too. I'm going with friends rather than the GF as she doesn't really get the car scene... Only last night she said 'oh God... You're not friends with the quagmire idiot are you? I explained that was me :lol:

I'm leaving very early on Friday on the 7.30am Eurotunnel staying on Maison Blanch and returning on the Monday morning.

Dan - A good chance for me to give you that beer I owe you!

Matt

:lol: Amen to that, we'll have arrange a mini Zed meet on the circuit at some point. :thumbs:

Hey guys,

Great to hear theres some zeds going, this will be my third year but my frirst year in a fun car, as previously have been the support vehicile in my Audi A4

I'm now stressing as still haven't booked the campsite, am thinking Beausejour this year.

Def up for a little zed get together

P.S Ekona - liking those decals!

i'm going on the weds before, staying until the monday,

going with my 350, a dc5 teg, clio trophy, and sti

If you get down the clinic surely you can get rid of that sti before you go..... :lol:

I'm going down on the Tuesday and won't be back in the UK until the following Saturday: A couple of of us leaving Le Mans on the Monday and heading down to Millau, and then coming back up and doing the Normandy beaches again. If you've never been to the landings, please try and go whilst you're over in France, as they are an absolute must-see place in your lifetime. Very sobering.

There is a very slim chance I might be going in the Zed, but I think unfortunatly this year might be a miss for me - been the last 4 years and am getting sooooo envious of all those going...

TV stream for me if all else fails, and camping in the garden!! Just need some Stella and some plastic pint glasses!!

Ekona, those stripes look ace on the car!

Cheers bud, if I'd only put them on without tearing I'd have kept them on permanently, as I really liked them. Gone for something totally different this year, the final batch of vinyl arrived this morning so I can start putting it all on soon! :D

Gutted to be missing it this year.

I have to be back on the boat on the Monday, so there's no way Id get from Le Man up to Leith in time and be in a state to work.

I took the Zed last year, and aside from an issue with speed bumps, she was the perfect car for the job :thumbs:

Not going this year but did last year, few pics of our cars all stickered up!!!!! Attention wasnt the word, plus I got a lot of business from it!!

ferrari2.jpg

chuby Gal in his 355!

ferrari.jpg

Baby mark!!

ferrari1.jpg

My teg

08062008211.jpg

08062008206.jpg

Mates t350c

05062008197-1.jpg

05062008196.jpg

05062008198-1.jpg

05062008199-1.jpg

Gutted I cant go this year :bang:

Chris :)

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got my car all finished today, so here's a few very badly taken pics of it (click for the full-fat versions, brings out the details):

350LM09small1.jpg

350LM09small2.jpg

350LM09small3.jpg

And yes, that is a lemon sticker over the rear wheel arch :blush::D

All set to leave on Monday now, can't wait! :yahoo:

I must admit, thats something I'd love to do. I was up at Lola Cars today and they invited to look after me and my colleagues if I happen to be going, but unfortunately it clashes with my wedding anniversary and it's a little bit late to arrange for this year :thumbdown:

Perhaps I should start earning the brownie points now in time for next year!!