Photos - IWM Duxford meet on Sunday 3rd May

How come you didn't have your bonnet up Mark,after all the time you have spent under there?

It was up a couple of times but it was a bit windy and I dont have struts on yet (just waiting for the new ones!) I put it up on the stock stand but the wind blew it back and ripped out one of the bolts (different to stock hood where the bolts are on the bonnet, the bolts go into this bonnet...) Lucky no other damage... hole just needs rethreading!

Is that Sarnies old car?????

+1? 99% sure that it is. :thumbs:

Stunning pics Mark and some old favourites too like the Manta GT/E which i had two of in white B)

Stunning pics Mark and some old favourites too like the Manta GT/E which i had two of in white B)

I grew up in Germany and Manta GT/E were the choice car of a subculture of boyracers.

They always wore denim jackets, tight jeans and cowboy boots.

It was such a popular subculture, they have jokes about them, like blonde jokes, and even had a film made.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102397/

+2 - I thought that too as soon as I saw it.

Some great photos Mark, esp the one in front of the hangar B)

+2 - I thought that too as soon as I saw it.

Some great photos Mark, esp the one in front of the hangar B)

+3 And me. Where is Sarnie??

Yep, its my old car, it went on that plate after I took my LIAM plate off when I sold it to him. :)

Are they a memeber on here? Must have missed the welcome post if they are :blush:

Yep, its my old car, it went on that plate after I took my LIAM plate off when I sold it to him. :)

Are they a memeber on here? Must have missed the welcome post if they are :blush:

Nope, he was a friend of an OC member Mattler who was a bit of a cry baby because I said his car looked rubbish (well, it did), so he probably warned him off about this place. :)

Nope, he was a friend of an OC member Mattler who was a bit of a cry baby because I said his car looked rubbish (well, it did), so he probably warned him off about this place. :)

:lol: you meanie :lol:

:lol: you meanie :lol:

IIRC he had put some real chavvy badges on it, can't fully remember to be honest. Plus he was snooping about asking people if I could be trusted and whether my car was dodgy.....