Wolfrace Shark 18" Staggered Wheel Package

PAK999

I am getting the Wolfrace Shark 18" staggered wheel package and will be buying

a new set of tyres either Falken FK452 or Toyo Proxes T1-Rs.

The wheel sizes are 8.5" x 18" front and 9.5" x 18" rear, what would be the best

size of tyre to suit these wheels.

eurosport_shark_details.jpg

Im no wheel expert (Im sure one will be along soon), but I think an offset of 35 will result in the wheels sitting very "inside" the arches.

You may well need spacers or a lower offset to get them out and over the brembo's too.

I may well be wrong but thought I'd mention before you splash any cash :)

I am buying them direct from Wolfrace, I think the offset is +35.

I contacted them on support@wolfraceaccessories.co.uk and asked if they would

fit the 350Z with Brembos without using spacers and they have said they do.

If you got that in writting that they will fit then fair doos! As you can return them when they dont fit! Thats not saying that they wont, but the offsets are all wrong for the Zed, you need to be looking for closer to +22.

Im no wheel expert (Im sure one will be along soon), but I think an offset of 35 will result in the wheels sitting very "inside" the arches.

You may well need spacers or a lower offset to get them out and over the brembo's too.

I may well be wrong but thought I'd mention before you splash any cash :)

this is what i thought.....from what i ve read the oe offset is less than that offered on the new wheels.

thanks for your input guys.

I am buying them direct from Wolfrace, I think the offset is +35.

I contacted them on support@wolfraceaccessories.co.uk and asked if they would

fit the 350Z with Brembos without using spacers and they have said they do.

Might clear the brembos without spacers but they will look crap without spacers :blush:

+1 :surrender:

+2

And the fact they are 18s won't help either in my opinion.

Fine spacers it will be, any recomendations? (must be hubcentric).

I have contacted Wolfrace again an the said the offsets are +25 front and +35 rear.

Getting back to my original request, what would be the best size of tyre to suit these wheels.

I have contacted Wolfrace again an the said the offsets are +25 front and +35 rear.

Getting back to my original request, what would be the best size of tyre to suit these wheels.

Eibach from CS are your best bet. :thumbs:

Eibach from CS are your best bet. :thumbs:

Thanks Digsy... :thumbs:

15mm, 20mm and 25mm spacers available... :thumbs:

Please please dont buy these wheels.

I had them in 19 inch flavour and they were crap. I sold them earlier this month because they handled really badly - i lost all accuracy on turn in, and couldn't go over 85mph as they wobbled. To top it all off, the chrome lip on one of the wheels came apart from the wheel... at just a couple of months use on the car.

For my JDM the offsets were fine, +35 rear looked normal... certainly not as bad as standard wheels, although i dont know if they'll fit over the brembos as i dont have them. The fronts were fine too, and i think they were +22

For an example of offsets of these wheels, see the pics below. The first pic is the standard JDM wheels. The second pic is the wolfrace sharks @ +35. You can see the improvement.

But still dont but them if you enjoy driving! They are all show and no go..! :lol:

Photo0131.jpg

Photo0132.jpg

I was going to ask how much these were until the last post!! Been after a black deep dish that fits over the brembos but get lost amongst offsets (don't understand that). They look stunning.
Find some rims you like, post 'em up and we'll help as much as we can with offsets. :thumbs:

I was going to ask how much these were until the last post!! Been after a black deep dish that fits over the brembos but get lost amongst offsets (don't understand that). They look stunning.

the offset is the measurement from the surface that mounts to the hub to the centre of the wheel, see it as a width measurement.

Hope this illustration helps

Offset.jpg

For an example of offsets of these wheels, see the pics below. The first pic is the standard JDM wheels. The second pic is the wolfrace sharks @ +35. You can see the improvement.

But still dont but them if you enjoy driving! They are all show and no go..! :lol:

Photo0131.jpg

Photo0132.jpg

Thats because the Wolfrace rears are 9.5j wide compared to the narrow JDM rims.....

Hi Marzman - thanks for the heads up on the Wolfrace Sharks, anyone else had a similar experience.

I am still after a decent set of alloys and do like the deepdish look, any recommendations?

No problem mate. Look for Finichi Firenze rims. A few people on here have them, and traders can supply them. They're more expensive than the Wolfrace, with similar looks - but they are a far superior wheel.

• 3 weeks later...

Using the image below my wheels would have an offset of +30 but i'm sure they are stamped +20, i really like the way my old wheels fill the arch, some of the wheels i have been offered have +43 offset which i take will move the wheel back 13mm am i correct.

max.

[attachment=0]Offset.jpg[/attachment]

Using the image below my wheels would have an offset of +30 but i'm sure they are stamped +20, i really like the way my old wheels fill the arch, some of the wheels i have been offered have +43 offset which i take will move the wheel back 13mm am i correct.

max.

[attachment=0]Offset.jpg[/attachment]

If the width is the same then yeah, and will look rubbish without spacers. :)

the offset is the measurement from the surface that mounts to the hub to the centre of the wheel, see it as a width measurement.

Hope this illustration helps

Offset.jpg

Great diagram :thumbs: I never understood offsets myself but its a bit clearer what everyone is going on about now :lol: