Where do you park it?

Anubis

I park it anywhere at any time. As Sarnie says, its just a car. And I HATE people who park over two spaces. No offence to those on here that do it, I can see why you want to, but thats just asking for someone to key/dent it if they cant find a space and you are taking two. There was a brand new TTS in the local Morrisons the other day over two spaces and I bet he got keyed as it was a Friday night and busy! Ironic thing is there is a side of the car park that no one uses which you always get plenty of space but he was smack bang in the middle of the busy bit :scare::headhurt:

I park it anywhere at any time. As Sarnie says, its just a car. And I HATE people who park over two spaces. No offence to those on here that do it, I can see why you want to, but thats just asking for someone to key/dent it if they cant find a space and you are taking two.

+1

Treat your car like it is better than anybody elses and rightly or wrongly they will resent you for it.

WTF??..6 dents on one side?? Thats got to be a world record on the site?!! Thats crazy,

I also have 6 dents all on my passenger door. 99% sure they have all happened while parked at work which is bloody annoying when i work at whats mean to be a big professional company where you would expect people to respect each others property.

Now I park towards the end of the car park where I know people won't bother parking next to me.

Hopefully getting all the dings sorted at Japfest :)

Like everyone else when I need to go to the supermarket I either park very far away where no cars are or find the section where the cars are parked in a line, nose to tail, no chance of a door catching you then...

I remember reading in the paper a guy who stayed near Loch Lomond who flew out to the Lambo factory when he ordered his Murcielago, when he took delivery of the car he was that frightened of leaving it parked in Glasgow when he was in the town that he ended up trading it in with the Audi dealership to get an A8, he said he was very impressed with the A8 as that's what Lambo picked him up at the airport with to take him to the factory and back.

Remember the quote from the dealer saying he called his boss who was on holiday that he wanted to trade in the Murci and his boss told him under no circumstances could he sell the Murci until he returned as he wanted a shot in it :clap:

Same as most people on here, I generally try to park in the empty-ish areas (don't care how far away it is from the shop/wherever I'm going) and try to find an 'end space' and park as near to the curb as possible leaving plenty of room on the other side. In saying that, you will still always find some numpties who like to leave millimetres of room. Fact of life really :headhurt: Which is why I tend to take the old runabout if I know that I'm going somewhere which will be busy parking. But if the Zed is your daily driver then you just have to do your best to limit the chances of dings and accept that these things will, unfortunately, happen.

:surrender: *STOP PRESS* Was at Tescos Purley last night and saw a lady with 2 kids pushing a trolley full of shopping, her young son of about 5- or 6 took the trolley and lost control :drive1 , and went into the side of a 08 plate Roadster :surrender: then carried on as if nothing had happen!! WTF!!! It looked as if the paint had been broken too... :scare:

Not much help i know but i dont take the Z where i dont other numpties are parking! I take the 4x4. It has side steps so their doors get damaged and not my panels!

If not i look for an end space on the highest level at the multistorey, Most people cant be bothered to go that far up!

Its hard to know what to do because if you single your car out for being special someone will notice it and cause damage on deliberately!

:surrender: *STOP PRESS* Was at Tescos Purley last night and saw a lady with 2 kids pushing a trolley full of shopping, her young son of about 5- or 6 took the trolley and lost control :drive1 , and went into the side of a 08 plate Roadster :surrender: then carried on as if nothing had happen!! WTF!!! It looked as if the paint had been broken too... :scare:

That is outrageous, if I seen that I would be right over whether it was my car or not and taking her registration.

A year or two ago I had parked my Saab 95 in the car park at Springfield Quay while me an the missus were in Frankie and Bennies for some grub, came out and a security guard approached us as we were about to get in the car, he said he watched a woman drive down the side of my car. She went to reverse out to go park somewhere else and he confronted her, took all her details down and gave them to me.

So I took pictures with my camera phone of both my car and hers, there was red paint streaks up with side of my car, luckily they polished right out and no damage was done but I still got £250 off her to pay for 'damages'.

If only more people done what that security guard done these people wouldn't get away with it. A couple of weeks later I dropped a nice bottle of malt off to the guy to say thanks.

I agree. I've done that as well. Saw a woman reverse into a BMW as she was trying to get out of the space. Must have known she'd done it as she rocked the car! She drove off. I put a note on the car with her reg on it and my phone number as a witness. :thumbs:

I park in the parent and child spaces, as they are much bigger than the normal spaces, and usually right next to the shop entrance! :lol:

Hope you at least put a kids seat on your passenger seat :lol:

I don't need one, the kids go in the boot! :blush:

MY Z isn't working like all of yours :D - just went to Halfords/Homebase and parked in the middle, with lots of empty spaces around me and NO-ONE parked near me in the 20 mins I was there. How do make sure I don't turn the numpy magent on?

What year is it? You might be able to get it fixed under warranty...

Honestly, some people. Would have definitely taken the plate and written a little note for the roadster owner.

MY Z isn't working like all of yours :D - just went to Halfords/Homebase and parked in the middle, with lots of empty spaces around me and NO-ONE parked near me in the 20 mins I was there. How do make sure I don't turn the numpy magent on?

What year is it? You might be able to get it fixed under warranty...

:lol:

It's got to be the far side of the car park for me. :thumbs:

Surely parking in 2 spaces just aggravates those who would want to key it?

I take the landie. That's what it's for!

Oh and a very under the rader subtle mod is to turn the numptie magnet round. Think about physics for a minute. Opposite poles attract. Turn the magnet round and hey presto, numpties are retracted!

I do think that means the numptie goes inside though.... :blush::lol::lol::lol:

I park it anywhere at any time. As Sarnie says, its just a car. And I HATE people who park over two spaces. No offence to those on here that do it, I can see why you want to, but thats just asking for someone to key/dent it if they cant find a space and you are taking two.

+1 When I had a Zed.

There's something quite liberating about having two unimpressive cars and not having to worry about this stuff! :lol: