Hello :-)

Hi,

Just thought I'd say hello rather than lurk about :thumbs:

Used to have a JDM DC2 Integra Type R, moved onto a brand new Clio 197 late last year and haven't really gotten on with it. Can't put my finger on it as theres nothing actually wrong with it tbh, so its looking like a bit of a wallet hit depreciation-wise and back into ownership of a decent Japanese car :#1:

Had a look at a '04 350Z GT at a Nissan dealership in Stafford today and walked away quite disappointed - it wasn't in very good condition (curbed alloys, few scratches, dint on rear arch etc), so I'll not be bothering returning for a test drive. Granted it was 5 years old, but it didnt look looked after and needed far too much touching up :dry:

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum. :thumbs:

No excuse for or need to put up with a less than perfect zed nowadays. There are usually a few for sale on here which have been loved.

We are happy to help you look if you want, just give us an idea of colour/spec and budget. :)

Cheers all :thumbs:

I'm looking to part ex my 197 to avoid having the hassle of selling privately so probably won't go through the private route, I'd probably save a packet if I did though....I don't really want to spend more than £2k more than what I hope to get for the 197 (58 plate, 5,600 miles, cupped), therefore my budget is about £12-13k.

I'm after a gunmetal car with Rays with < 40k on it ideally. Can happily live without leather seats and Bose (a nice to have, but not essential to me) and will check this one out if they still have it -

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_popup.jsp?did=29126&pageid=1&originalid=&gid=nogroup&tid=34&start=10&distance=0&adcategory=cars&channel=DEALERPAGE&id=200914331736564

The car I checked out today was this - unfortunately struck off my list...

http://www.nissanusedcars.co.uk/control.cfm?MREQ=app_viewVehicleDetails&StockListID=561735

:welcome:

Plenty of cars around in that price range, just wait for the right one to pop up. I would definately suggest going back and having a test drive, gives you a good excuse to get out and see what the Zed is all about :thumbs:

Viewed a decent condition black '05 one earlier this evening. GT pack and Rays, £12.4k.

Spot on condition wise, except the first owner was a lease company (Lombard Vehicle Management) for 3 years and 50k. Second owner ran it for just over 4k miles for a year. My only reservation is its got two stamps, one at 19k and the next at 50k, when Arnold Clark bought it from Lombard and sold it to the second owner. Had it had stamps (and drives fine), it'd be a sure purchase - the missing stamps are really putting me off as I can't be sure Nissan have actually seen the car since new!

Sure it'll be spot on for someone though :surrender:

Hi Mike,

Could you ring the Nissan dealers that have stamped at 19k and 50k and ask if any additional services were carried out? Just an idea. If not then I'm sure you will find what you are looking for and it'll be worth the wait!

Good luck mate.