OMG..Engine Malfunction!! *FINAL UPDATE*!!

jerry3167

:headhurt: Hmm...some good points you`ve raised there m8! I can only hope that they resolve the issue, so far it looks like they are entertaining it, but if it takes returning the parts to OEM, do you think thats the quick solution?

The tech mech at Nissan is a good guy, and I believe he knows his stuff, after all he fitted the whole mods package on my Z now.

The ball is in their hands for now, lets see what they do with it.

....and my next question is ..Alex how much for the 02 sims?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't understand why people have used the anti foulers first, in the MR2 Roadster club, anyone who played around with the cats or fitted turbo setups would regularly get CEL's because of the increased gas flow, and the easy fix was to lift the sensor out of the flow slightly with an anti fouler. i used to buy them in from the states and sell them on, used to get them for about £5 a set.

[quote="jerry3167

What ever I may decide to charge you mate as you have no other options. :lol::lol::lol:

Naturally, Im hoping I dont have to go your route Alex...I sense you get some pleasure from other owners misfortunes. :(

Out of curiosity Jerry, noticed in your sig you used to own a Civic Type R. How did it compare to your 350z? And what year is your 350?

So in regards to your "clicking" issue, are Nissan basically re-greasing the parts? If you get yours done I'll be on their door to get mine done too, plus my driver window seal. I've got a 2yr extended mfr warranty.

Let us know how you get on with Nissan.

[quote name="jerry3167

What ever I may decide to charge you mate as you have no other options. :lol::lol::lol:

Naturally' date=' Im hoping I dont have to go your route Alex...I sense you get some pleasure from other owners misfortunes. :([/quote]

That is a bit harsh Jerry, as I can assure you that I get no pleasure at all, pity that you do not share my same sense of humour :dry: That is you well and truly off my Christmas list :bye:

Out of curiosity Jerry, noticed in your sig you used to own a Civic Type R. How did it compare to your 350z? And what year is your 350?

So in regards to your "clicking" issue, are Nissan basically re-greasing the parts? If you get yours done I'll be on their door to get mine done too, plus my driver window seal. I've got a 2yr extended mfr warranty.

Let us know how you get on with Nissan.

Hi Matth,

Yes, I did have a CTR..one of the best cars I have ever owned, it was a very potent beast, My CTR had a full Spoon exhaust, Jackson Racing Manifold, Spoon 4-pot calipers, Hondata ECU producing dyno result of 183WBHP, very, very quick in the twisties, probably quicker than a 350Z could ever be! In addition, it had a fast road geometry, eibach springs, torque damper and strut and tie-bar elsewhere, AS one person called it "A SPOONED-UP TRACK WHORE EP3"! Even though its gone, there isnt a day that goes by, that I dont miss it.

I think the 350 is a more grown up sports car, whereas the CTR was a RAW, racer that made your hair fizz, give you a buzz, and remembering the comment of a female passenger I once carried as we pulled up at a set of Lights next to a Golf GTI.."Go on, go on..you can take him.."! :lol:

These days, not about speed anymore, its about looking good going slow.

Jerry :thumbs:

:) Just been to NISSAN to check on the progress of work investigating my engine light issue.

Spoke to the chief mechanic who told me that the CATS, SENSORS etc were working fine, they all passed SRT testing and show completed across the board. :thumbs:

The Plennum/spacer have been re-sealed to stop any air leaks that may have been.

so far, so good.

The rear axle click is to be dealt with today, and I was shown the repair kit which might be used to address the issue.

So all in all, a few things have been ruled out..

:) Just been called by ANCASTER CROYDON and informed that my Zed is ready for collection! Early indications suggest that all appears to be aparently correct. I will speak with the Chief Mechanic who has looked after this Z since it left the factory; he also fitted ALL the bits personally.

Fingers crossed its been done to a good standard, I hope there are no Dings or Dents in the doors :scare: Ive seen the space they have for parking, and I have to say that I wouldnt leave my Z there if I had a choice!

I will collect it tomorrow... ;)

Well, got the Z back just now, and it feels smoother idling, alot tighter sounding?

I was told ABBEY MOTORSPORT made some custom spacers for the sensors, to stop them reading too much 02! The car was tested, and ALL SRT tests were completed, and according to Nissan, no problems detected..Phew!

Chief mechanic said the Kinetix cats were working fine, plennum had been re-sealed, no air leaks etc!

The clicky rear axle problem has been rectified with the replacement repair kit!

On this occasion, I am happy Nissan have done so well, lets see what what happens..

Jerry :thumbs:

Think you will find the spaced that Abbey Motorsport use are the same or visa versa as the ones that Alex sells...

Alex, if you have any of these I think I could do with a couple and can get them fitted when the car is with Gary next week....

Think you will find the spaced that Abbey Motorsport use are the same or visa versa as the ones that Alex sells...

Alex, if you have any of these I think I could do with a couple and can get them fitted when the car is with Gary next week....

No worries Mark, I will send you a couple with your links mate.

I supply Abbey with the O2 simulators and I am actually down there tomoz. (Remap stuff)

Links etc due in tomoz so I should get the stuff shipped out soon. :thumbs:

Alex,