Project350z now complete and ready for 2009

Muddy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody ell Craig! You have been busy. That is absolutely awsome. You have certainly taken your time with research and have pulled off one of the best looking highly modified Z's weve ever seen on the forum.

Knowing your previous car, Im fairly certain that the pictures will not do the actual car justice, and it will be immaculate inside and out.

Best of luck with the show, and I look forward to seeing it soon - a fantastic effert with great results! :thumbs:

Truly impressive Craig! (apart from those swirls on the NSR quarter panel, looks like you need a detailer :lol::p )

Seriously, that is a great result from what is clearly a lot of effort, and you've built something that the whole 350Z community can be proud of. I hope you get the success you've had in the past with it in the shows. Good choice with Source sounds on the ICE too. I competed against them for a few years and they build some impressive cars both install and sound wise. Hertz equipment sounds good too.

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Can you give us some idea of the routine you go through getting it to / from the shows and keeping it in true show winning condition / state? :)

Very impressive car, love what you have done with it. B)

Not sure why you had to find a red car to begin with, not much left stock apart from a couple of panels :lol:

Don't think it matters if you loose torque or not either, no-one will race you as they'd be too busy admiring your work :thumbs:

saw craigs car today at donny and looks very B) everything about it is very nice!!! the colour works well with the carbon and looks great!!! top work craig dint come cheap though ;) but never does!!! looking forward to seeing you in may for the detail!!! ill also come over to inspect more soon :thumbs:

Thanks for all the kind comments and the constructive critisism too :) )

It's all appreciated.

If I'm honest the pics don't do the car justice, I'm very happy with the final outcome. It's what i had in my head, so that can only be good.

Been at Donington Park all day, hence no reply until now.

Unfortunately for me this years turn out in the Best in Britain comp is possibly the best turn out for the last 3-4 years. Typical!!! here's me thinking it would be a bit dead what with the credit crunch.

Anyway don't think I'll get top prize :( but I do hope I'll come away with a category trophy.

But I'll be competing all this year at as many shows as I can, so hopefully catch up with some of you and I'll be happy to show you around the car and talk about various bits.

Excellent work there mate! B)

Few ideas in there that I had been planning to do. With your dash flock, I assume the passenger airbag has been disabled? If not, let me know who did it as everyone I've asked had to disable it :surrender: Also with the harnesses, where are the mounted to? I see no harness bar, so are they just for show? The angle they are running is far to steep to run them properly from what I've read of.

Passenger air bag is not disabled. As far as I'm aware the resin will not hold the panel in place on explosion.

I'd rather not tell you who did the flocking as, he was an a*seh"le and some of the stuff was not done properly so had to be re-done. Basically what should have taken no longer than 2 weeks took 3 months and cost me dearly.

Harness are fixed to x2 new locations I drilled in the rear footwell. I can't say that it would be a problem yes it is steep but they are functional and I'd probably use them as proper harnesses anyway at sometime.

best looking rear bumper, fabulous interior, great quality wheels.... VERY good job!!

Now the criticism :D

- K-sport BBk? budget only stretched to that? Korean stuff on a Jap car...

- a TD exhaust on a N/A build? (albeit looking great with the Ti tips!) bye bye to some torque...

The 2 points above I'm afraid all point to the "all show and no go" philosophy, which is fair enough if that was your goal, just not what I'd do :D

Criticism on board.

Yes the car is an out and out show car hence no AP's. Cost I had a budget so for a little more than Front AP's only I could get front AND rear callipers and discs.

You'd be surprised how many track based cars (MLR super sprint, Time attack etc ) run with K-sport brakes with no problems.

TD was for bling and sound only, however I did my research and the Invidia had great reports in the States.

Truly impressive Craig! (apart from those swirls on the NSR quarter panel, looks like you need a detailer :lol::p )

Seriously, that is a great result from what is clearly a lot of effort, and you've built something that the whole 350Z community can be proud of. I hope you get the success you've had in the past with it in the shows. Good choice with Source sounds on the ICE too. I competed against them for a few years and they build some impressive cars both install and sound wise. Hertz equipment sounds good too.

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Can you give us some idea of the routine you go through getting it to / from the shows and keeping it in true show winning condition / state? :)

What swirls?? LOL

Paul @ Source is a top bloke and really eased me into all this ICE malarky. The Hertz is awesome to listen too and even though we have put rear speakers in (It's a show car) it does sound amazing.

Tips on keeping the car in true show winning condition.

Don't drive it!!!! No seriously, I think getting the car to a high degree of cleanliness from the beginning means it becomes far easier to clean when it gets dirty. As the dirt is just surface and superficial not old and ingrained. (Make sense??)

For shows it different for me, if it's a big one like this weekend I take a support car and have all my cleaning stuff in there. It rained on my way down on Friday. No problem, I jacked the car up, removed all wheels, cleaned all wheels, cleaned all arches, cleaned under rear of car, cleaned underneath of engine and then started on the polishing etc.

For a normal show I'd wash and dry with an Autoglm chamios, I find that the paint is a little soft on mine (And on many other zed's) so a waffle weave may be a bit too tough for it. If the car just gets a little dusty say in summer I'd refrain from washing it?? Maybe just do the wheels. The moer you wash and dry the moer chance you have of damaging the paint work. If it's just summer dust then maybe clean it every 2 weeks instead of everyweek?? That's what i do anyway

Bu**er have I just given away my trade secrets there ;)

Looks great - Like the look of that audio install ;) Great to see you've matched up the amps to the subs. Hope Four did you a good deal on them

Thanks Rob you were my inspiration for the install :thumbs:

I'll get some better install pics up when I get 5 minutes tomorrow

Just looking through your spec list....where did the other screens go? Am intreagued! :teeth:

Good luck for the judging, the car deserves awards at the show :thumbs: Have heard from a few people at the show that the quality of cars is much better than previous years!

UNREAL!! Can't wait to see the car at some of the shows this year Craig! I have had a few calls off people wanting all the plastic trims off me from behind the seats and boot. I guess this is your fault because they must have seen how good your stuff looks flocked! Love it mate and well done!

Best regards, Lee :thumbs:

absolutely amazing! will you actually drive it anywhere other than to shows? Like Digsy said some bits I love some not but the attention to detail and quality is outstanding. I bet your wife lets you do the cleaning at home - if she ever sees you that is! :lol: