Possible Group Buy: Hi-Flo Cats

IanS

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Collected mine and have fitted them...

Sound is great, im actually thinking it might be louder than with my decats on! A bit raspy again, but not as much as it was.

Happy with the product, cheers guys.

pics of install? cant wait to fit mine, so much work that I dont get any spare time to do it in though :(

:blink:

i didnt take any pictures of fitting them, i was so busy swearing at all the locked on awkward nuts!

get those bolts out!

#

Step 1

Heat the connection with a propane torch if you can do so without any risk of damage or fire. It helps draw penetrating oil into the threads (see step 2).

#

Step 2

Apply a liberal amount of penetrating oil in and around the joint, then wait ... and wait ... and wait. It can take anywhere from 10 minutes to several hours to loosen the joint.

#

Step 3

Strike the head of the bolt or nut with a cold chisel to shock the connection.

#

Step 4

Apply an open-ended wrench or socket of the proper size, and rap its handle sharply with a rubber or wood mallet.

Big Thanks to Sarah for arranging delivery / collection

Cant wait to get them fitted this weekend - having a local garage do it as I dont really trust my axle stands to spend a lot of time under the car, is there any particular tips I should pass on to the guys fitting them?

It is raspy, not as much as when it was de catted, but still noticable.

Works well with my exhaust, and i have a lot of comments that my car sounds fantastic now.

Shame we couldnt hear it properly last night because of that S2000 :p:bangin:

Got my Berks fitted at the weekend and complement the Nismo fantastically. Definately a rasp 4k-6k revs, but it sounds great.

Adds great depth of sound to the mid range, made me think that I might even pop the original exhaust back on with them, should I want to raise some cash by selling the Nismo.

All in all, a great product. :thumbs:

Only time will tell, but interested to see if the noise changes as they 'bed in'. If you have a loud exhaust to start with, these will definately take it to another level!

• 3 weeks later...

Will I need a 20" or 12" extension bar to reach those mother bolts on the org cat? :headhurt: Dont have either in my stash yet, looks like I gotta work tomorrow and been to lazy doing other sh*t instead of installing these yet :rant: hopefully tomorrow afternoon I'll get to do this. :thumbs:

I did however manage to get my new plenum installed yesterday :band:

How much is it to hand this into a garage?

I've had so much pain trying to get these rusted bolts of the car... I'll write a 'andlid howto' later, so far cat vs andlid fight is proving a hard one! rounded nuts hours of painfully trying to get the stuff off has resulted in a somewhat strange result :headhurt: (had to cut off the leads for the 02 sensors too...)

:thumbdown:

More to come....