Possible Group Buy: Hi-Flo Cats

IanS

I fitted mine myself = free but i did it on ramps, with access to a garage full of tools, and a man with a blow torch and a strong arm the first time :thumbs:

Sounds like the way to go, hardest part was under the car trying to get a good position to actually twist the damn nuts around. Also damn hard to get the car high enough with my jack stands.

Only bonus will be that I can state I did it myself B) also saw that I need to talk to the lads over here making custom exhaust for the rest of the way, cant have two shiny new cats and connect them to a rusty single exhaust to the collector in the back now can I ;)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I won and old cat's lost B)

Sounds is amazing :teeth: (Dont think the neighbours will like it)

Can feel a massive difference in low end torque and mid range. Not had a chance to do proper road testing yet.

ALL good, might do a writeup for this one too having just started the one of my plenum / manifold it might just take a while before I do that... Will post up some photos though. :dance:

(oh and SOUND!)

photos: note the bleeding bolt!

http://picasaweb.google.com/ALNPHOTOS/350ZCats#

Well done on fitting them yourself, no easy job on stands/ jacks, credit to you for the effort mate! :thumbs:

:teeth: cheers...

just stumbled upon this instruction video:

would have been handy to have watched before I started my install... had to go down a bit of a different route for my install :blink:

Think I might do the writeup after all :evil: Can't wait to open her up!

Well done on fitting them yourself, no easy job on stands/ jacks, credit to you for the effort mate! :thumbs:

would have been handy to have watched before I started my install... had to go down a bit of a different route for my install :blink:

Brilliant link mate, have added that on our website :)

Brilliant link mate, have added that on our website :)

finders fee? :thumbs:

back from the NI meet and have had some road time to test the cats on, wow can really feel the difference with these instead of std! They seem to get louder too as they bed in :dummy:

B) tomorrow I'm getting a custom true dual exhaust, will be interesting to see if it improves their performance even further...

A.

• 3 weeks later...
Just MOT'd my Zed - took my OEM cats along just in case - but not required, passed emmissions test easy :thumbs:
/.

:thumbs: nice one, what you where going to swap them out in the mot centre like? :headhurt:

dont think mine will make the sound levels though, will be interesting to find out :teeth: