What Wash and Wax?!

mwalker56

Bit of a tongue twister...

It's time to take the plunge and give my baby the wash and wax she deserves. So, the question is, what shampoo and wax has given you the best results? I dont want to spend big $ on cleaning products but appreciate you get what you pay for. So, can anyone recommend anything?

Also, any good products for cleaning the interior, dash etc?

Cheers

duragloss 901 shampoo takes some beating. Excellent value with cracking results

p21s now known as p222 wax. Also great stuff and not too expensive. Very easy to apply and polish off

both available from traders on here

Poorboys interior dressing for inside. See the for sale section. I will be getting some at a very good price. Also there wheel sealant is very good stuff.

see here viewtopic.php?f=32&t=21359

I don't think you'll get a great response TBH. Not all traders use the forum in that way

get the shampoo from i4detailing. You will need a discount code from me. It is down to personal preference so see what other members recommend :)

For interior I use Poorboys natural look dressing and I use poorboys wheel sealant too. Excellent products.

Shampoo I use Meguiars Shampoo Plus (pro range) but very good value. I use it in the foam lance too.

Wax I use Blackfire. Actually I use a lot of Blackfire products. I love their 'all paint protection' sealant.

It's a personal choice though. See what other GM owners use to give you a better idea of finishing products.

agree on the megs shampoo plus - I had a huge container of this at a reasonable price and it lasted ages. :thumbs:

I'm still using Auto Glym for polish and wax - it's not expensive, easy to use and works well.

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash n Gloss followed by Collinite Wax if you're not going to do anything else or spend a huge amount. It's a hard wax that lasts about 6 months.

Interior dressing - Poorboys one everytime. Great product IMO.

I know its too late now but my preferance lies with Dodo Juice, either the sour power or born to be mild, followed by Meguiars gold class (very good value) then also like the duragloss cos of the lovely smell!

Wax wise Dodo Juice takes some beating but if you go down that route, for best results you will also need to clay and cleanse.

Best wishes

Tim

You guy's might be right about not leaving on overnight but did not have time to remove last night.

Removed today all ok but in my opinion not worth the money the AutoGlym Liquid Wax seems the same and cheaper but don't known how many washes the new wax will last.