unwelcome birthday present

nixy

42 in a 30. :blush:

I was just coming back from Martinmacs - did all the motorways rather 'rapidly' then 5 mins after coming off the M62 it changes very quickly from 40 to 30 and that is the spot they placed the van at! To be honest this is a real one off as I really try hard not to speed in built up areas but I obviously wasn't concentrating! :dry:

so, being new to this, what will I get? Points or will they let me do one of those seminars for bad drivers?

I think 42 in a 30 is too fast for them to let you do the course. Might be wrong, but I heard you can only be speeding by a little bit to get let off with that, say 35 in a 30. Remember an actual speed of 42 would be over 45 indicated on the speedo :surrender:

Gutted for you Nic.

3 points are a hazard of driving anywhere nowadays. Insurance company rarely add anything to a premium for them.

Mine just came off back in Jan - fair cop for me though, 96 in a 70 on the A19(M) down near you. Oooops

Throw it in the bin.Don't acknowledge them until you receive one recorded delivery.They usually send you a reminder and then forget about it.The case cannot proceed unless there is proof the summons has been served.A "friend" has thrown 2 away in the last 4yrs and never heard anymore about it.

http://www.pepipoo.com/

A good site for advice. :thumbs:

Throw it in the bin.Don't acknowledge them until you receive one recorded delivery.They usually send you a reminder and then forget about it.The case cannot proceed unless there is proof the summons has been served.A "friend" has thrown 2 away in the last 4yrs and never heard anymore about it.

The one i've got says if you don't reply in 28 days you could get an automatic 6 points and a 1k fine!

The one i've got says if you don't reply in 28 days you could get an automatic 6 points and a 1k fine!

Snap, mine did, not worth it in my opinion