I need a Z!

Hey all,

I'm Rich and I live in Herts. I am beginning the search for a 350Z having day dreamed about owning one for a long time. I owned an RX7 before someone else decided they wanted it more than me :( and then changed jobs with a long commute so I've currently got a Clio 182 Cup. Great car but it's lacking a V6 and RWD!

I'm after a 04-05 plate met grey GT, although my budget may stretch to a 06 model. I have done a fair bit of research on what is a superb forum, so I know what I'm looking for. One thing I haven't come across though is a possible issue with the grey paint on 06 cars. I have heard this was a problem with some, with plastic parts suffering from peeling. Is this correct? Apart from that it's just the road tax that puts me off a 06.

Being a Jap car I am considering a reasonably high mileage 04 to keep the initial cost down. Presumably as long as it's been looked after it should be fine!?

Looking forward to joining the club!

Hey all,

I'm Rich and I live in Herts. I am beginning the search for a 350Z having day dreamed about owning one for a long time. I owned an RX7 before someone else decided they wanted it more than me :( and then changed jobs with a long commute so I've currently got a Clio 182 Cup. Great car but it's lacking a V6 and RWD!

I'm after a 04-05 plate met grey GT, although my budget may stretch to a 06 model. I have done a fair bit of research on what is a superb forum, so I know what I'm looking for. One thing I haven't come across though is a possible issue with the grey paint on 06 cars. I have heard this was a problem with some, with plastic parts suffering from peeling. Is this correct? Apart from that it's just the road tax that puts me off a 06.

Being a Jap car I am considering a reasonably high mileage 04 to keep the initial cost down. Presumably as long as it's been looked after it should be fine!?

Looking forward to joining the club!

You're a member already - no fee here! Welcome aboard! :thumbs:

I've never heard of a peeling paint issue on 06 or any cars. The paint on all of them is crap and liable to stone chip though.

Welcome mate, i have a late 2005 model in Gunmetal, I had a scrape on the front bumper which was just flaking off when you touched it so i guess the paint work can't be that good, but that was on the fibre glass bumper. Had no problems else where.

R :D

Thanks for all the quick replies. This is certainly one of the friendliest forums I have used :)

I live in Kings Langley between Watford and Hemel Hempstead. The paint issue was mentioned on Honest John's website. He's usually pretty reliable for info on recalls, known problems etc. Interesting that no one on here seems to have suffered though.

Thanks for all the quick replies. This is certainly one of the friendliest forums I have used :)

I live in Kings Langley between Watford and Hemel Hempstead. The paint issue was mentioned on Honest John's website. He's usually pretty reliable for info on recalls, known problems etc. Interesting that no one on here seems to have suffered though.

I'm never heard of peeling paint at all.

Maybe people have had stone chips then blasted the car with high pressure from 3 inches away...... it MIGHT peel then!

I'm never heard of peeling paint at all.

Maybe people have had stone chips then blasted the car with high pressure from 3 inches away...... it MIGHT peel then!