Another Newbie....

Hi Guys, Just joined up, this looks like a very helpful and informative site.

Im looking to buy a 350Z for my wife, after a lot of helpful hints from myself, she has finally decided against a TT :D

I have to admit though, I know nothing about the 350Z, and obviously dont want to be ripped off.....

Im going to look at this car tomorrow, and it looks good from the pictures I have seen so far. The one thing that is bugging me is that the car is showing 22,000miles but there is no service history to back this up. Is that common for imports...?

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... _full.y=13

Also, how can you tell which model it is..? I have asked the garage, but they aint sure of the exact model as they dont have the log book as yet.

All they can tell me is that it is a 3.5 v6.

Sorry for the essay guys......

Barry.

Hey mate welcome to the club! What part of Scotland you from? As for the service history that is pretty bad. I have an import as well and i got the the documentation with it. Am not sure what type that is mate i will leave it to one of the other crew to tell you :teeth: But i reckon u could haggle about more on the price :D

Cheers Jay, thats my thinking on it too, I was planning on using the no service history as a haggling tool.

I just didnt know if that would be a bad thing or not. The car would only be doing circa 7000 miles a year, so its not going to be used as a high mileage car, although it will be used everyday.

Oh, and im from Dundee....

Hi mate.

Another Scot joining the club. Good work!

I got mine fron a dealer in newcastle. It's jap import too.

It doesnt have any service history but it has the import papers at grade 5

and a milage certificate!

Im not promoting the guy but he does have good imports

and a nice 350z which i liked. But decided too get the one im driving

now.

PM me if you want a link.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Well, we ended up going to look at the car early, and the missus instantly fell in love, so we will be the proud owners of a 350z in the next couple of weeks once the garage sorts over private plates :D

Does anyone know any decent breakers/parts stores where I can get a cover for the small hatch behind the drivers seat (is it called a parcel box?) as it looks like a cd changer has been in there from the previous owner.

Pthearts, thanks for the offer mate, it looks as though the car we bought has originally came through Mackay trading down your way.

Thanks again for the welcome guys...

Thats where the Jap SatNav CD Drive was probably located. (assuming it had SatNav and that its been removed)

Dont if you'll find anythign to cover that. Not sure what UK cars have there if they dont have a SatNav drive fitted.

Does anyone know any decent breakers/parts stores where I can get a cover for the small hatch behind the drivers seat (is it called a parcel box?) as it looks like a cd changer has been in there from the previous owner.

Your best bet will be to PM either ZMANALEX or R35LEE, they are a great source for second hand spares.