New tyres

nurrish

So i was at a tyre place today and the main man there was telling me that the stock bridgstones on my car are better than falkens and toyo's. He reckons that the falcons and toyo's are a budget tyre and i would be better off sticking with branded bridgestones......

Is this guy pulling my plonker or does he no idea about what the zed requires

He's humping your GTR ;):lol:

The Falkens are far better than the Bridgestones in this country. In the dry they are fine, but get the Stones wet and its a nightmare.

He is right in the sense that the Toyo/Falken are budget performance tyres, but they give you most of the benefits of something like MPS for a fraction of the price. If you have the money get MPS, but if like me you dont, Falken or Toyo are a great choice :teeth:

Ahhhh righty i see....

He also noticed that my bridgestones are rotting on the insides......:scare:

They have been on there 4 years now though :lol::lol: but only done 12500 miles.

he probbly meant better for his profit margin :teeth:

I have P Rosso,s on all four corners but the rears are nearly out. I am very happy with them but the guy at the garage said i should get the B stones on but i am worried about them being slippery when wet.

How would you compare my P Rossos with the Falkens or Toyo's ??

Thanks

Well basically Nissan recommend Bridgestone so the tyre guys have to suggest this really. Unless of course they know better but most wont.

I have Toyos and must say I like them much better than bridgestones in anything but warm dry weather.

The 'stone isn't a bad tyre they're just not suited to this countries climate in my opinion.

I'd change them all...... mixing is bad!

I think i am going to replace my P Rossos for the same as i need not change the front ones seeing they have plenty of life left in them.

I phoned around and some of the prices were :scare:

2 rears 245/45/18 £458 for the pair

I got in touch with a old mate and he can get them for £140 each which is what they pay for them and he will fit them for FREE :yahoo:

Does this sound good :D

I think i am going to replace my P Rossos for the same as i need not change the front ones seeing they have plenty of life left in them.

I got in touch with a old mate and he can get them for £140 each which is what they pay for them and he will fit them for FREE :yahoo:

Its a good deal but the rossos are only good tyres, not great.

I had them on my OEM rays, and feel that the Falkens on my new wheels have as good if not slightly better grip than the p zeros used to.

I had them on my OEM rays, and feel that the Falkens on my new wheels have as good if not slightly better grip than the p zeros used to.

COMFUSED.COM :wacko::wacko:

tyres are doing my head in :headhurt:

I thought that P rossos are better than P zeros ? I had zeros on another car and the grip was not that good but i am happy with the rossos i have apart from they are nearly worn out.

How do Falkens compare price wise and then the problem is i do not need 4 tyres :scare:

1st person says, get B stones they are a great tyre.... B)

2nd person says, Falkens all day mate :thumbs:

3rd says, P rossos are a good tyre, huge company :teeth:

4th says, MPS if you can afford it... :lol:

5th says, Toyo's are a great choice imo :headhurt:

This is getting boring know.... :yawn::yawn:

All i want is a good set of rear tyres that we can ALL agree on without selling a kydney :lol::lol: and makes everybody happy...

All i want is a good set of rear tyres that we can ALL agree on without selling a kydney :lol::lol: and makes everybody happy...

if it makes things worse, i'm going to replace all my bridgestones with Vredestein Ssantas. :lol: very good tires, not hughly known about. favourites of the corvette scene. some members on here sue them and swear by them.

for me the falkens and toyos are mid range tyres, they do a damn good job, they are better than the stones in the wet, but there breakawy isn't as progressive. stones will out perform both those tyres on a good hot day.

i've had stones on my last 3 cars, and also put toyos on several cars as well. stones have a great stong side wall, but they do tramline a bit and can be noisey, toyos tend to be softer and quiter, but offer better wet weather grip. toyos are progressive to a point but when they go its almost instant, where at least the bridgestones are more progressive.

what you have to go for is what your happy with. if you like what you have, and it hasn't caused you any problem, then stick with it. only change if you feel you need to.

goodyear eagle f1's assemetrics...but unfortunately for u they don't do them on standard rim sizes heheheheh... just thought i would be un-helpful

general consensus is if you can afford the premium branded tyres then go for it... but if not the toyo t1'r are a good choice...

-ho

Funny this but when i got my Z it already had the P Rossos on,

BUT,...... BUT no one has mentioned this brand of tyre AT ALL !! yet my mate who works for a tyre company swears they are a really good tyre and as i said earlier i really like them.

Must just be me tonight !!

The tyres i had were in full name:

Pirelli P Zero Rosso Assimetrico

I wasnt amazed with them tbh, i think Bridgestone RE050's would be better, Michelin MPS would be better, i even prefer the Falkens!

Just my 2p worth mate, if you like them stick with them. But you could get michelin MPS2's for the price the tyre place quoted you for the pirellis!

COMFUSED.COM :wacko::wacko:

tyres are doing my head in :headhurt:

I thought that P rossos are better than P zeros ? I had zeros on another car and the grip was not that good but i am happy with the rossos i have apart from they are nearly worn out.

How do Falkens compare price wise and then the problem is i do not need 4 tyres :scare:

Tyres, as with many things, are a personal preference. Do you like a soft compound (Falken/Toyo) that will wear quickly, but is realtively cheap? Do you want harder wearing but not so ticky (PZerro Ross - I had them on the Rays before), or do you want a mixture of both and want to pay the price for it (MPS2)? Or try something completely different like the Vredestein which are relatively unknown but get good reviews?

The choice is yours and seeing as you cant make your mind up, get teh PZerro as it doesnt mean a full swap and you are happy with them! :)