Fitting the nismo V1 rear spoiler **lots of pics**

GT4 Zed

Hi folks,

i have posted this guide to help anyone fit this specific spoiler or familiarise themselves with what lies underneath the OEM GT boot spoiler.

when i decided to install the nismo i asked for advice on the forum with very helpful inputs from more than a few members. :thumbs:

i had planned to do it myself but decided to get help from my local bodyshop (who have always been very good and reasonably priced) as it appeared it was not entirely straightforward :teeth:

The main issues were:

- firstly the fact that the spoiler had 4 bolts at the edges that fixed it to the boot while there are only 2 bolt holes pre-drilled with the GT spoiler which meant you had to drill 2 extra holes in the boot in addition to bonding-on the spoiler to ensure a secure fit :scare:

- Secondly the pre-existing bolt holes where not inline with those of the spoiler :headhurt: so you may need to drill 4 new holes anyway and seal off the existing 2.

- finally there was the issue of after taking off the GT spoiler (which is well bonded) likely meant you will end up needing a boot respray :scare: .

i took this all on board and approached Darren(Bodyshop maestro) who was up for the challenge. Needless to say it all went well and i am happy with the result.

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0125-1.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0135-1.jpg

IMG_0128-1.jpg

IMG_0119-1.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0121-1.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0139-1.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Out of interest, was this Nismo spoiler the plastic US or fibreglass JDM version? I read the US version doesnt cover the bolt holes from the UK spoiler? Although i fail to see why as it would be exactly the same dimensions as the JDM one, only ABS plastic :wacko: