Anyone ever considered a Skyline?

Preston

Not got a Zed but i do have it's cousin, the V35 Skyline 350GT.

As for the guy asking prices mines was around the 16k mark when i got it. it's a 2003 6MT version.

Hey mate welcome! Get some pics up of ur skyline :D

I have had 3 gtrs and love them to death. I have gone through nearly every jap sports cars i.e evo 6, sti v2, rx7,gt4 st185rc,pulsar gtir,200sx and would only every go for a gtr again.

There is something about them that just keeps you thinking about them :lol:

My current one is an R32 with 650+bhp and goes like a rocket. Destroys motorbikes for a living and aiming for my first 10sec pass on the strip very soon. I have done 133mph is 11.1 secs so it goes well :)

I would recomend them to anyone all day long.

I like them technically and as an Engineer (sits at a desk though....) I can appreciate the ermm engineering. Jayne hates them so they are a no no here as an ownership prospect.

I'd love a dark grey R32 GTR...... Ace!

so you can only buy a car your missis likes :lol:

Think u need to start wearing the trousers ;) i dont even let my missis sit in the drivers seat :lol:

+1 I was thinking that........

She doesn't drive my car!

It's easier to have a car that your missus likes so you can go to meets and spend time with the car you don't get abuse!

Besides I prefer the Zed..... R35 would be nice though!

I owned a Nissan Skyline R33 GTSt for almost five years. Which I took through a variety of guises.

Dont be put off by a GTSt as everyone allways immediately thinks GTR. My GTST could do 180mph and it did the 1/4 mile in 11.0 secs.

When I bought her she was originally painted in rage flip paint which I soon changed as show in the next few pics.

House of Kolor kandy gold.

1267563471a2739206320b1.jpg

w500.png

Here's the engine bay :D

1267563471a1483402847b5.jpg

w500.png

Here's my old Skyline on route to its new home in Holland with her new paint and kit. House of Kolor again of course. :teeth:

r33b024.jpg

w640.png

Any Skyline questions pm and I will try and help.

B)

Aye she was a beast Doug. I remember you took me out in it when you first got it and it was damp. Spinning all the way up the road and it still pulling! Then you turned and said it was half throttle! :lol::lol:

Ace car! :teeth:B)

Well i like em.. they might have been styled with a ruler or using cereal boxes for a mock up.. or based on an original drawing by a 5 year old at some japanese first grade school but those r34's have got something about em...

And yes.. the interior is rotten.. almost as ugly as an early nsx's or an 80's porker 911 or a vw corrado... and if i had one i'd wanna play really loud drum n bass and fit neons though........ and dustbin exhausts...

all that said i'd still have one in black or metallic blue with carbon look alloys and black windows...

sorted.....

I must admit I have a soft spot for the R34's - must be down to all that Gran Turismo as a kid.

Plus I went to the UK motorshow when I was about 16 and you could donate to charity and get taken out in a car for a blast - there was a line of Porsches, Ferraris, Nobles and a Bayside Blue R34.....well no competition in my eyes

It was like sitting inside a Playstation - and from that moment on I've always wanted one....no where near as pretty as the Z though...

My fiance's boss has just bought a Chilli Red R34 GTR - has 18" Nismos , coilovers and a huge HKS exhaust. Im getting a shot next weekend so I'll try to post up some pics :thumbs:

Did you get any pics? I've always liked the R34 GTR. But the cheapest is around £18k and would be a fair bit older than the current Z I own. I do far prefer the look of the Z but the R34 GTR has an extremely good engine (true you can get a GTS to the same performance standard but it costs £££, whereas the GTR has it out of the factory). However Im thinking the 370z will be my next car (the self healing paint is a very good selling point!) and 0-60 in 5.1 secs very appealing. Will need to see it in person though but none in the UK yet.