350z advice

D4XNY

Hi guys, Im Dan from St Albans

Currently own a MR2 Mk2, and love it, however looking for pastures new, and have always loved the 350z!

Now not had a look round the whole site yet, but a few pointers would be handy! Especially to save me time!

How many different model types is there? I seena few twin turbos, are they import only? or conversions i presume?

Also the tax thing im worried about, i know my mate has a skyline gtr, and cos its an import, the tax stays at £200, just wondering if its same for the 350's?

will the imports be cheaper in tax then the uk models? Is there much difference between uk models and imports?

Im also looking at supras you see, and i know unusually, the supra uk has better spec then the import ones, where as usually this is the other way round, is it the same for the 350's??

Thank you very much in advance for advice given, or links to places i can read it up!

Dan

:welcome:

There are 2 uk models GT & Non GT - GT comes with leather,heated seats & bose stereo. Twin turbo are conversion only.

Tax depends on when the car was first registered I think, mine is 53 plate uk car & I paid £210 last year.

JDM cars have a few different specs, I think the ST version is the same as the GT pack but not sure if any JDM cars have cruise control

:welcome: Dan - plenty of info on here - its just a matter of how much money you want to spend and what colour/model you want! :)

Probably the best time to buy one now or wait till the 370Z comes when I guess subject to the press it gets - 350's will be even cheaper! :cry:

:welcome:

As well as there beng GT and Non GT Uk cars. The bhp of the car changes depending on buildy year.

03-05 = 276bhp

06 = 296bhp

07+ = 309bhp

Im sure someone is about to come correct me on those figures! But just so you know.

Wow, cheers guys, thanks for all the responses!

Well ok, heres my update, on me, and my future purchase (i hope)

Im a member of the MR2OC, and its a nice friendly little club, so really when getting rid of the 2, i still wanted to stick to jap, as they are faultless cars, they really know what they are doing when it comes to engines, cars, technology etc And i love the car club communities, and i must admit on first impressions, this club seems very friendly, a credit to you all!

Plus i love the event scene, japfest, JAE etc, wo would love to continue to go to those!

Well at the mo, i have my eye on a limited edition gt4 zed, 05 plate in black, 300bhp i believe? Just emailed the seller for mileage etc

Does it differ much from standard models? Fitted with GT pack etc?

At the mo, i've learnt that the newer the zed, generally more power it will have, right? And if i buy before 06 i shouldnt be hit with huge road tax bills in the following years?

I will prob do some basic engine mods, but seeing as its a limited edition, i think it would be right to preserve the car as much as possible, so would an aftermarket air filter and exhaust make much difference to the power, or the standard components good enough??

Cheers again guys

Dan

Ok, heres the one im looking at:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0351607830

Dan

Dan, that cars very local to me, I was due to go and see it yesterday…

We know from another thread that it’s got 102,000 miles on the clock.

As it’s a 2005 model you won’t get stung on the new Car Tax banding… :thumbs:

Hmmmm, 102,000 miles on the clock though, might be enough to put me off if im honest though....

thanks for the info though, much appreciated, is there a thread on this car already then?

Yes indeed, they can be seen below... :thumbs:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... ght=syston

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=