HKS CAMP2

3FIDDYZ

Finally got my 2nd screen installed using a Kenwood KOS-V500 connected to a KOS-702 screen and a using a HKS CAMP2 EMS.

Given that there is bugger all space behind the double din unit the Kenwood KOS system makes pretty good sense as its needs one cable to run between the screen and the media box. Media box has more inputs and outputs than you will probably need but makes for an easily expandable system. Media Box accepts USB, iPod, digital in, bluetooth, satnav etc etc and then the screen has touch screen functions and a remote.

Anyway some pics of the CAMP2.. Was interesting to see today on the way back on the M25, I was doing 70mph running at 2950rpm and using 40 of the available horses!

DSC03516.jpg

DSC03523.jpg

DSC03527.jpg

DSC03528.jpg

DSC03529.jpg

Screen looks a tad bright but it automatically dims when you turn the lights on...

looks nice Mark

Cheers mate, thanks for getting it too me! Shame it took 5 months for me to get it all sorted.... I could have been one of the First!

Costs... CAMP2 off Adam at a good price when it was $2-£1... KOS-L702 screen used off my350z for a steal (and good exchange rate!_) and KOS-V500 off ebay for a decent price..

Looking good matey!

Does this just display the OBDII stats at the moment, or does it manage to tie into the proper Nissan CANBUS stats? I find my OBDII stats a bit lacking, sounds like yours has more. Displays certainly look impressive :thumbs:

Not sure at the moment Chris about the CANBUS, anything I can look at to check?

Info updates are pretty instant...

Am wanting to change my CAI now to see if different ones make for different heat and air intake volumes!

Also, if you go with the HKS F-Con for FI setups ( :ninja: ) you can change the maps and settings on the fly...

Not sure at the moment Chris about the CANBUS, anything I can look at to check?

Info updates are pretty instant...

If you can change the number of things it polls, then if its running over OBDII then the less things you have it should speed it up significantly. Say you can get it to poll 10 things at once or just revs, if you have revs showing in both cases, in one the refresh of revs should be a lot quicker than the other. The reason for this is the OBD isnt designed for fast refresh and there is only a certain number of things the OBD can report at once. So say it can poll something ever 1/10th of a second, if you have 10 things running, it can only poll each every second. If you have one it can poll it every 1/10th second. If that makes sense? If it doesnt speed up or slow down the response then likley its over CANBUS which is designed (from what I've read) to handle the polling quicker. :)

Looks awesome Mark, is it all fully functional ?

In what way Mark?

Not sure on all those dials Beavis... Dont think I need as many as Alex ;)

Is the rev counter, and all the temps, air flow e.t.c all linked up ?

All the info is collected off the ODBII port thats next to the bonnet release, it shows how much the speedo and revs are out on the dash dials...

All the temp info comes off the sensors that Nissan already have around the car.

Yep, you can run with the Camp 2 and a screen that has a Yellow video input. You can use the red white inputs for an audible tone too...

I tried running in the main DD but the pic wasnt great so thats why I went for the other screen.

And yep your right on the ODBII :thumbs:

Did you have to fiddle with the OBD connector to get it flush chap? The generic OBDII connector I got with my reader had a massive connector on it. Ended up takin git apart and adding a switch to turn it on and off and get it flush so it didnt stick out :thumbs: