My own re-vamped headlights - Dream Customz

P15UL T

well guys with all the new mods on offer at Dream Customz i thought it was about time to give me own lights a fresh look B)

On my old lights i had white led running along the bottom and up the inside edge, i also had the orange reflector painted dark grey to match other parts on the car and then i had the interior plastics painted green to match the car.

Well for the revamp i done away with the relector piece altogether and flushed it out this allowed me to run some white leds along the bottom and up where the reflector use to be giving it a "R8" feel to things.

Using every second hole from the previous set up i placed green leds along the bottom and up the internal edge which will be on a switch for show use.

I also have fitted a 60mm halo ring to the outside of the central clear lens, the outer shell of the lens has also been colour coded to the car.

To finish off i have fitted 2x high powered green leds to the clear centre lens of each light and with the flick of a switch.... B)

enjoy the pics :thumbs:

my older style lights

100_3117.jpg

R8 mod B)

100_4059.jpg

100_4061.jpg

White halo rings

100_4053.jpg

White halo rings and green centre lens

100_4077.jpg

green centre lens

100_4072.jpg

100_4074.jpg

green leds ( camera really didnt pick up the correct colouring)

100_4064.jpg

Look awesome mate. Cant wait to get mine back even more now lol. Should be on their way to you in the next week.

I know some people think they look tacky but thats only because of the cheap replicas and diy efforts out there. Anyone who has seen Pauls work can see the level of quality that goes into these. The sheer craftsmanship and level of detail on this is as far from tacky as you can get.

If people think that the actual leds themselves look tacky then thats their own opinion but as far as im concerned its another mod and they look wicked.

Cheers for the comments lads :thumbs:

i have looked at them briefly Chris but wasnt sure if the lights output would be the same as, must do a little more research :teeth:

Nice work bud B)

Have you thought about using RGB LEDs in the lights? Wouldnt have to have half on and half off then :thumbs:

Bundus..... glad to see you decided to come back from holiday :lol: , i thought you maybe had given up on Britain and decided to stay away. :p

i have looked at them briefly Chris but wasnt sure if the lights output would be the same as, must do a little more research :teeth:

Nice work bud B)

Have you thought about using RGB LEDs in the lights? Wouldnt have to have half on and half off then :thumbs:

Also, personal preference, but I think the SMD leds would look better as they are more flush. Any plans to use them?

So many mods I want for my Zed now, I think it will be cheaper to get a new 370z :surrender:

Bundus..... glad to see you decided to come back from holiday :lol: , i thought you maybe had given up on Britain and decided to stay away. :p

lol i wish mate - I had to come back and start earning more money to pay for all the stuff im doing to the Zed ha ha.

Gonna be a sweet day when it comes back with the new kit and the lights.

Nice work bud B)

Also, personal preference, but I think the SMD leds would look better as they are more flush. Any plans to use them?

So many mods I want for my Zed now, I think it will be cheaper to get a new 370z :surrender:

did have a look at smd's but from what i read they were designed for mounting straight onto curcuit boards, i have some different super chip leds on there way and will have a play with them to see what i can come up with

ideas always welcome :thumbs:

did have a look at smd's but from what i read they were designed for mounting straight onto curcuit boards, i have some different super chip leds on there way and will have a play with them to see what i can come up with

ideas always welcome :thumbs:

Ah yes, that would make sense. Dont know how they do it in the LED light strips I have, but they have some kind of flexible PCB under it which they are mounted on. God knows how that works :wacko:

There was some guy at the Reading meet last night with some LED headlight (R8 stylee) and my god they were the brightest I had ever seen! God knows what he used for them but the LEDs looked quite big! Should have got a pic really :doh:

• 4 weeks later...