Karcher Powerwasher

srobrien

Hey I really want to get myself a Karcher PW, problem is I live in a new flat with has not been fitted with an outside tap :angry:

I would therefre need to run it from a tap in the kitchen/bathroom.....but they are all decorative taps. Is there an adapter that fits to the Karcher to allow it to be attached to non standard taps?

Cheers

R

i was recoomended against the karchers, apparently they break as the water freezes in the pipes, even if its just in your garage... but i suppose that if its kept in your flat it would be ok.

my 6th formers recoomended the bosch power washers, meant to be very reliable.

i bought a baby one for £70 does a good job. could maybe have gone for one with more power but it does the job fine

funny you should mention this about Karcher. Was using mine yesterday (it has been kept in garage) and the pressure has more or less gone! :dry:

In answer to the original question - I used to attach the hose to the kitchen sink tap and put it out of the window at my old house when i had no outside tap. The attachment basically had a big wind up jubillee clip on that held tight onto the tap, then fitted the hose, then fitted the karcher to the hose outside.

be careful with those, i used one briefly on an outside tap, until i bought a screw fitting one. they have a tendancy to pop off if the tap is running but your not using the pressure. makes it more interesting if the pressure has built up as when it pos off it p1sses water everywhere in that split second that it disconnects, i know as i was adjusting it when it happened. i'm glad i was outside, can imagine the fun of it happening indoors.

just make sure it is on good and proper

These are the best - if its this kind of tap you have?

Clamp%20On%20Multi%20Tap%20Connector%20For%20Mixer%20Taps_f.jpg

However dont buy cheapo poundshop ones - as the plastic is'nt strong enough in the thread !!

Make sure you wrap an old towel around it so if it does start to leak it does'nt all over your fancy kithen!

Hope this helps - Hoselock is the best otherwise B&Q own brand - just a couple of quid! :thumbs:

I'm looking for a new PW at the moment too - trying to find one that suck up the water rather than have to take it off the hot/cold tap.
The Kranzle 7120 I have does this, its brilliant and will even take water from 2m underground. Works with or without mains pressure so is ideal for my vans water tank.

Once I ran out of water and it was happy to operate from water in a bucket.

I'd steer clear of Karcher, its a brand we've all heard of and thats why they sell so many. They dont last. I have had 3 in 3yrs, 1 Kew alto lasted 4 yrs, Lavor lasted 2 years and now on the Kranzle.

i was recoomended against the karchers, apparently they break as the water freezes in the pipes, even if its just in your garage... but i suppose that if its kept in your flat it would be ok.

my 6th formers recoomended the bosch power washers, meant to be very reliable.

i bought a baby one for £70 does a good job. could maybe have gone for one with more power but it does the job fine

With any pressure washers they can split if you leave water in them, just unplug the water but leave it powered up and shoot the jet a few times until there is no water in there and its now dry...

Just been out to B&Q and spied their own brand powerwasher "performance power", it is 105bar and comes with a lance and bottle adapter all for £29.99, pretty good value. I have bought "performance power" power tools before and they have outlasted all my others.

I know you get what you pay for but just thought it was worth a poke at under £30, not i big loss if its pants.

Will try it out tomorrow and give my verdict.

R