Exhaust Gaskets

Chris`I

Chaps (and Chapettes),

As you know I have taken the plunge and bought Adrians Nismo exhaust. We were thinking that I should probably get some new gaskets for it. Are these things universal or what? Any traders got some?

Ta :thumbs:

Chaps (and Chapettes),

As you know I have taken the plunge and bought Adrians Nismo exhaust. We were thinking that I should probably get some new gaskets for it. Are these things universal or what? Any traders got some?

Ta :thumbs:

They are unfortunately not universal

I am not a trader but I have a selection if New OEM exhaust gaskets so let me know what you require and be prepared as they are not cheap.

Alex.

Chris ... I have a spare one and weirdly will be at TGM when you are getting your car done as mine is in for a service then. :D

Good stuff. How do we know its the right one though?

Adrian did say you'd be there on Saturday :thumbs:

Dont see why these things need to be soo expensive, but isnt that always the way :dry:

Was looking to change out the HDD in my Foxsat HDR the other day and looking at the inside pics, there doesnt look to be £300 of kit in there, the box is about 2/3 empty!

Be careful cos the ring between the centre section and the backbox has a larger diameter on the nismo exhaust than the OEM one, the ring will be fine as they are a tight fit and are hardwearing, the gasket between the standard Y pipe and new centre section should be ok too, unless uve got a high milage car, if you can replace it then do, if you cant I wouldnt worry bout it. :)

Fletch

Ta for the info Fletch. The car is pretty high mileage, at just above 62k, so I think a new Y to centre section gasket would be a good idea. Dan is doing me one for a tenna, so I'd rather replace it and be happy. Hopefully the Nismo centre section and back box connection will be fine and wont need any new bits :)

Good te see you managed to sort it for a tenner mate! Lucky Dan is popping down aswell.

Just got to make sure i get there before him now so mine gets done first :p:thumbs:

Powers in the numbers! If both of us get there we can take both ramps and he'll have to wait :lol:

• 1 month later...