ZMANALEX: RESOLVED

fatalus

Sorry for the delay in posting up my response to the OP comments.

I have confirmed previously in numerous pm messages to Gorgios that the agreed £80.00 had not been received by my bank . I also told him that I would not be corresponding with him further due to the amount of messages that he was sending me and that I now considered the matter closed.

He did not appear to grasp that it can take up to 5 days for funds to be transferred from bank to bank and quite frankly I was finding the barrage of messages quite tedious.

I have double checked with my bank by telephone today before close of business and they confirm that no payment of £80.00 has been received from Gergios.

Needless to say if the funds eventually do hit my account then they will obviously be returned in due course.

As you will note from the copy pm (below) from Gergios he has confirmed to me that he is 99.9% sure that the transaction will not happen.

I rest my case.

Alex.

To: ZMANALEX

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:53 pm

Subject: Re: About HEL brake lines

I asked my bank about it considering that the SWIFT/BIC code was not the appropriate, though it belonged to your bank and the system let my transaction happen. So the transaction is pending right now, and 99.9% it will not happen but my bank can not answer that for sure.

You can proceed and sell the lines to someone else if you want . In the not so probable case the money finally ends to your account, i would like them sent back of course.

Georgios

One last post from me to clear things up and then case closed.

My bank could track until the money hit Alex's bank and not anymore so they told me that the could not answer with certainty if the money would reach Alexs account, but probably they would not. So the least I would expect from someone who is involved in a transaction with me is to be polite and try to help when it involves sth like money. Instead of the expected response i received the following reply and then total ignore of my next 100% polite post.

To: fatalus

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:10 pm

Subject: Re: About HEL brake lines Quote message

fatalus wrote:

I asked my bank about it considering that the SWIFT/BIC code was not the appropriate, though it belonged to your bank and the system let my transaction happen. So the transaction is pending right now, and 99.9% it will not happen but my bank can not answer that for sure.

You can proceed and sell the lines to someone else if you want . In the not so probable case the money finally ends to your account, i would like them sent back of course.

"Georgios

Please cancel your transaction with your bank.

Unfortunately I do not have the time to respond any more to your correspondence.

This matter is now closed."

The transaction CAN NOT BE CANCELLED and that s what I told him in the next msg along with a polite request to check his account the following days in case the money came. I would be more than happy and nothing like that would happen if I had received Alex's todays response at that time, which never happened!!

Anyway case closed. Please moderator lock or delete thread.

I'll throw this in..... I'm an internet trader and we sell 99% of our goods by Credit/Debit card. However, every now and again we get a customer who hasn't got a card and whats to pay by IBAN.

This whole process is a nightmare. Depstie being very clear sometimes the sending bank will take their comission off the amount that should arrive. Of there'll be an intermediary bank who takes a bit of comission on the way! In addition, the IBAN numbers seem to change every few months so what worked last month may not work now. Finding the money can be a nightmare, plus if the arriving amount is not what was required, a followup payment will incur a bank charge again. So an amount thats lost a couple of pounds on the way, will then find a fixed charge added to that transaction of, say another 10 euros on a nominal payment. And dont get me started on refunds........

Paypal makes things so much easier and is insured.

+1 only really deal with paypal online saves so much hassle :thumbs:

I would have to agree with international payments. With domestic payments, I've never had any problems doing bank transfers. Very quick and easy.

I do find it very hard to beleive that neither bank can track these transactions nor cancel them. You'd have more chance of success by sending the payment by messenger pidgeon!

I would have to agree with international payments. With domestic payments, I've never had any problems doing bank transfers. Very quick and easy.

I do find it very hard to beleive that neither bank can track these transactions nor cancel them. You'd have more chance of success by sending the payment by messenger pidgeon!

From a financial perspective Sender Bank has handed cleared funds to Receiving Bank.(So cannot cancel it)

Receiving bank has not got the correct info to deliver the money to the right account....

So the money sits in a 'suspense' account until someone shouts loud enough to get them to sort it out...

Quote:

"I asked my bank about it considering that the SWIFT/BIC code was not the appropriate, though it belonged to your bank and the system let my transaction happen. So the transaction is pending right now, and 99.9% it will not happen but my bank can not answer that for sure."

It is no wonder the world is in a financial crisis when they can't even sort out a simple funds transfer.

Have to say that I think it is unfortunate the OP chose to go public on this matter when by his own admission Alex only had a 0.1% chance of getting the money. And Alex's offer on this forum to return the £80, if it does turn up that is, serves to confirm that those of us who know Alex know him to be a man of his word :thumbs:

Quote:

Have to say that I think it is unfortunate the OP chose to go public on this matter when by his own admission Alex only had a 0.1% chance of getting the money. And Alex's offer on this forum to return the £80, if it does turn up that is, serves to confirm that those of us who know Alex know him to be a man of his word :thumbs:

+1 :thumbs:

Alex offered these to me a week or so after his payment failed to turn up, ( me having second dibs) , and they arrived, well before he could possibly have received my bank transfer.

:D

Instead of just slandering someones good name publicly, why didn't the OP just concentrate on getting their OWN error rectified with their OWN bank. This issue is nothing to do with anyone on here until the OP's bank confirm that the money is in Alex's account, which the OP said was very easy to do. Instead he got a bee in his bonnet because Alex got bored of replying to numerous PM's. :yawn: