Green beastie dyno'ed today

P15UL T

just thought i would let you guys know that the zed was on the rollers today, it was just part of a fun day arranged but the local cruise site.

the nos wasnt used as its still to be tested, the car has a nismo cat back exhaust, k&n induction kit, altered atmosphere plenum spacer fitted

the car made 283.5 bhp @ 6540 rpm at the engine and 250.1 lbft torque @4880 rpm

100_3920.jpg

Paul :teeth:

Very good bhp but seems like your torque is about 20lbs/ft down. Did the garage explain what might account for it? Sounds like a remap/new ecu is required to get the most out of your mods. I'd be interested to know what places offer a re-chip or piggyback. My old vr6 couldn't be remapped out of the box. Required a piggyback/rechip which cost in the region of £350 but released a lot of power after getting the fuelling and timing spot on.

Guest prescience

Unless I've read this wrong, the engine BHp is 24% higher than the wheel BHp - that's way too much :)

[i assumed 12% on mine (abbey used 17% but I thought that was too much)]

|

v

Matth76, you have a PM to answer question below, don't want to get into all of that on this thread - loads of info on here ;)

Unless I've read this wrong, the engine BHp is 24% higher than the wheel BHp - that's way too much :)

You've got very nice high power - are you running a supercharger or turbo? If so do you mind me asking which company you used to fit and tune it all and how much it all was? I've heard of a company up north who fit the roots type supercharger for just under £5k all in but you need to modify the bonnet to accomodate the charger which sits on top of the block. They were featured in evo magazine.

You've got very nice high power - are you running a supercharger or turbo? If so do you mind me asking which company you used to fit and tune it all and how much it all was? I've heard of a company up north who fit the roots type supercharger for just under £5k all in but you need to modify the bonnet to accomodate the charger which sits on top of the block. They were featured in evo magazine.

I await Dorians reply but I think it will be something along the lines of double that figure to do it right! :thumbs:

I think it's the Stillen supercharger you speak of. The bonnets are hideous!

I vote tripple that figure to do it right ;):teeth: