STEERING AND GEOMETRY SETTINGS

ZMANALEX

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

When it comes to rear toe-in, why is there a variation between 17 and 18 inch wheels?

I can understand the mm settings being different due to different diameter rims, that's fine and makes sense. However, when I convert those given settings to degrees, which I find it easier to work from, there is quite a big variance.

Rear 17" = 0.2mm - 1.8mm / 0.05deg - 0.48deg

Rear 18" = 1.1mm - 2.7mm / 0.28deg - 0.68deg

The reason I started looking at this is because I have 19" rims and need to sort out the alignment, so I decided to try to work out what they might be.

There is a pattern between the 17" and 18" where the minimum and maximum settings are 0.9mm more for 18", so I applied that theory to calculating the settings for 19".

Rear 19" = 2.0mm - 3.6mm / 0.48deg - 0.86deg

A minimum toe of 2.0mm/0.48deg seems pretty big to me, but I'm far from an expert.

I know I could just set everything towards the maximum of 18" and it'd be fine, but is really like to know the actual settings and figured since 19" was an option with the LMGT4's there may be settings available.

For anyone looking to check my calculations, to convert mm - deg you use the following calculation which will give you the number of mm per deg.

Rim size X 25.4 X pi / 360

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I’ll be taking my Zed in for a wheel alignment check soon.

I’ve seen some posts that refer to an increase in toe in from the Nissan standard, as it improves handling.

Can anyone please advise what the increased toe in should be?