Adrian Flux - give you no money back when you cancel

matth76

I have just over 6months left on my insurance with Adrian Flux. Total for annual premium was £375. They will only give me £3 refund! I'm absolutely appalled. Just to all of you out there who are with Adrian Flux and about to cancel - you will get absolutely no, or very little, refund.

Thankfully I am not with them any more.

will totally depend on the credit agreement. Some companies use third party companies so it's almost like a loan where you pay interest up front. this happened to my son when he cancelled his bike insurance with bennets. He had paid monthly but still ended up owning them over £100 as his annual insurance payment had been treated like a loan.

BUT if you paid in one lump up front that sounds wrong - although some charge £50 cancellation fee or even more. Will be in the small print.

will totally depend on the credit agreement. Some companies use third party companies so it's almost like a loan where you pay interest up front. this happened to my son when he cancelled his bike insurance with bennets. He had paid monthly but still ended up owning them over £100 as his annual insurance payment had been treated like a loan.

BUT if you paid in one lump up front that sounds wrong - although some charge £50 cancellation fee or even more. Will be in the small print.

If they charge you interest then it is a loan. ;)

Paid up front in one lump sum (no interest). They said something about 90% of it is paid early on and then they have to take of their commission or something. I was with them for a year but before that on my old car for about 3 yrs. Needless to say I will never use their insurance again despite having been loyal over the last few years. I've 10 yrs no claims too.

That doesn't seem right. :scare:

I'm insured with them and they've always been really fair. Have you tried speaking to a different person. You may just have been unlucky enough to speak to a numpty who doesn't know what they're talking about! :headhurt:

Its the same with Sky Insurance...

I cancelled my civic with them, after 3 weeks of the polciy.. i got back 75% - "brokers charges" which were £85 cheeky %^%££. I eneded up with less than half back! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Their quote for a Z for me was over 250 more than the regualr insrurance companies like Esure or Privdege?

Needless to say i wont be using them again...

The cancellation charges are levied by the insurers, not the brokers. The broker does levy a charge for some items, for AF it is £25 for most transactions.

Who is your insurer? You will be 'cashing in' 5 full months but that could only leave you with 20-25% refundable. AF also charge their transactions on top when you take out the insurance so your insurance was probably actually £350 so that is probably the figure to calculate against.

£3 is a bit silly though, have you asked them for a breakdown of how they got there?

The cancellation charges are levied by the insurers, not the brokers. The broker does levy a charge for some items, for AF it is £25 for most transactions.

Who is your insurer? You will be 'cashing in' 5 full months but that could only leave you with 20-25% refundable. AF also charge their transactions on top when you take out the insurance so your insurance was probably actually £350 so that is probably the figure to calculate against.

£3 is a bit silly though, have you asked them for a breakdown of how they got there?

A very good point actually :thumbs:

Rang them again and same result. They said it was the actual insurer (Equity Redstar) who produced the refund amount and that amount was only 10% of the amount left on the policy - ie 6 months. Then Adrian Flux take of £25 from that for an admin fee (pretty hefty one at that - used to be £12). Either way not happy and will not be going back to them again.

Shouldn't be too difficult to get out of this - just put them in breach of contract. Find something they won't insure and ask them to insure you on it. They then are in breach of contract for not insuring you and you are entitled to full pro-rata refund.

This isn't internet myth, I got out of my insurance with direct line (i think it was them, maybe tesco). I found a minibus off ebay, got the reg number, rang for insurance telling them it was for a sideline as part of my business and they apologised and said they couldnt insure me. I then asked for full pro-rata refund and they obliged. I think I was around 6 months in. Can't remember what it did to my no-claims, was a few years ago.

Shouldn't be too difficult to get out of this - just put them in breach of contract. Find something they won't insure and ask them to insure you on it. They then are in breach of contract for not insuring you and you are entitled to full pro-rata refund.

This isn't internet myth, I got out of my insurance with direct line (i think it was them, maybe tesco). I found a minibus off ebay, got the reg number, rang for insurance telling them it was for a sideline as part of my business and they apologised and said they couldnt insure me. I then asked for full pro-rata refund and they obliged. I think I was around 6 months in. Can't remember what it did to my no-claims, was a few years ago.

Fraud? :lol:

How is it fraud? I might have wanted a minibus? Just as dubious as an insurance company keeping money for a service you haven't got becuase they are not flexible in their terms. I didn't lose any sleep over it anyway! :D

As stated, the cancellation charges will be decided by your insurer, not by your broker. Also, you are making an issue of this 6 months after you have been in receipt of policy document which will list cancellation charges in detail. My company actually read the canceallation charges out over the phone before the customer takes their policy.

Apologies if it sounds like I am having a go at you but you were in receipt of this information when you took your policy out.

Ollie

Sky Insurance

As stated, the cancellation charges will be decided by your insurer, not by your broker. Also, you are making an issue of this 6 months after you have been in receipt of policy document which will list cancellation charges in detail. My company actually read the canceallation charges out over the phone before the customer takes their policy.

Apologies if it sounds like I am having a go at you but you were in receipt of this information when you took your policy out.

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Quite right too Ollie.

Why cancel the insurance anyway? Why not switch it for the remainder of the 6 months. One last question, did you honestly think you'd get the full 6 months back?

Small print (although slightly devious sometimes) is there to protect the company. Lets face it, they aren't going to lose money because you change your mind!

Oh and the minibus thing does sound fraudulent to me! :lol: There are some police officers that frequent the site...... ;)