nismo sports ecu

martinmac

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interested also.

What do they offer?

As is it ture the early cars have say 280bhp then they went to 300bhp and the last ones where 312bhp ? I know the last versions have major differences in engines and stuff but was it just a different map/ecu to get it to 297 bhp?

Had a bit of time and found this. He had it on his last zed but its not compatible with his 08 car.

When he bought it he was told it wouldnt work on a UK car but he fitted it to see. The car was then taken to the dealers to check no faults were showing up. He didnt have any dtno tests done but as a regular visitor to the ring he felt that the car performed better.

Heres the link.

http://www.350zfrenzy.com/forum/showthr ... nextnewest

This does sound interesting.

I was quite shocked to read on that link that in the US they have 93 octane! :scare: What do they have in Japan?

Google for RON and MON petrol octane ratings, 93 in US works out to 98 over here. Differing measures is all, works out to be the same in principle.

• 4 weeks later...

A friend had it on his old zed. He was told it wouldnt work on a uk car but had a punt at it anyway. He fitted it and it worked. No dyno data though. He had a GT and the only thing it lost was cruise control. A Nissan dealer plugged it in and checked it out to be fine.

Its all very new to me so I am waiting to talk to somebody who knows what they are doing.

A friend had it on his old zed. He was told it wouldnt work on a uk car but had a punt at it anyway. He fitted it and it worked. No dyno data though. He had a GT and the only thing it lost was cruise control. A Nissan dealer plugged it in and checked it out to be fine.

Its all very new to me so I am waiting to talk to somebody who knows what they are doing.

I guess that means you are looking to get it mapped? Is it not plug and play? :p

May be worth speaking to Andy Middlehurst at Middlehursts. I thought they did a load of testing with not much sucess with the Nismo ECU

+1 - I thought thats why they stopped offering them.

Interesting to see how you get on matey :thumbs:

• 1 month later...