nismo sports ecu

martinmac

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK a few other comments. My buddy is pretty good with porker ECUs and was amazed at how it adapted. I seem to remember that if you take the sound system out of the car and move it there are issues. Mine worked fine and even though the battery had been disconnected it was fine.

When it had been fitted I turned the ignition key but didnt start the engine. I could hear the ECU learning things like the throttle control. Left it to settle down for about 15 minutes.

At this point there were no warning lights on which amazed me.

I then started the engine and as expected it wasnt that happy. The revs fluctuated whilst it sorted iteself out. Again, after about 15 minutes it was sweet.

I have a friend of a friend who has a rolling road and will get it on there as soon as I can.

The thinking is that the gains advertised by the Nismo exhaust and the JWT popcharger should actually work now. As such I should have over 300 bhp. As said previously though, its a great drive and the power seems to be very smooth. It just accelerates so much faster in all gears.

And for Adam, the previous owner had it on his car for a couple of years. During that time he had it pluggd into the local dealers computer and it was fine so there shouldnt be any issues.

As for price, the best £200 I have ever spent ;)

One other point which is worth mentioning. Having read a lot about these on various forum. The ECU us set to run on JDM 100 ron fuel. There has been a lot of discussion about the knock issues and it would seem that as long as its run on 98 ron there arent any problems. It doesnt like any lower ron though.

It booked up for a rolling road session in May.

One other point which is worth mentioning. Having read a lot about these on various forum. The ECU us set to run on JDM 100 ron fuel. There has been a lot of discussion about the knock issues and it would seem that as long as its run on 98 ron there arent any problems. It doesnt like any lower ron though.

Got any links? If you run less then it should just retard the timing to stop knock and you lose power. I guess if 95RON is below what its set up to run with, it doesnt retard enough and you still get knock, that wont be good. Just make sure you alway run on 98RON then mate!!!

Nice one mate, glad its all ok :thumbs: , mine is booked in for the 4th of May for my fiddling.... Have to have a little test in wales!!! :boxing:

M