Keys

RobbieB

Hey guys,

Just got home with my 350Z and like the big girl I am, I've been scared shitless since I picked it up. Constantly worrying that I got all the paper work and signed everything and so on.

Anyway, one of my largest worries is that the guy said the 350Z only came with one key. He looked for a 2nd then asked someone else in the (non Nissan) dealership if it came with 1 or 2 and the guy said 1.

However, I am extremely cautious and was wondering if 1 key is normal?

Cheers.

Rob

Hey guys,

Just got home with my 350Z and like the big girl I am, I've been scared shitless since I picked it up. Constantly worrying that I got all the paper work and signed everything and so on.

Anyway, one of my largest worries is that the guy said the 350Z only came with one key. He looked for a 2nd then asked someone else in the (non Nissan) dealership if it came with 1 or 2 and the guy said 1.

However, I am extremely cautious and was wondering if 1 key is normal?

Cheers.

Rob

Think it comes with 2 std and 1 courtesy key as standard. You can get spares though..

My son bought a Honda Type R from Brincars (same dealer I got the Zed from) and it only had 1 key. 9 days later it was pinched, never to be seen again, from the front of the house in the middle of the day. The manager said they had an email from head office telling them to be careful with spare keys. Get them to sort out otherwise they will charge you silly money to recode a new key.

The nissan main dealer I'm picking my car up from tomorrow said the car only came with one key and weren't nice enough to throw in a spare key as part of the price :rant: esp as I'm paying so much money so not the best service. Spare key costs £108.

I'd be wanting a little off for that ....

The nissan main dealer I'm picking my car up from tomorrow said the car only came with one key and weren't nice enough to throw in a spare key as part of the price :rant: esp as I'm paying so much money so not the best service. Spare key costs £108.

I'd be wanting a little off for that ....

They said it originally cost £185 and £108 was "cost" price.

i excahnged my last car in 07 civic with only 1 key, as i had buggered the spare up trying to swap it into a flip key body. i accidently snapped a leg off the transponder.

sometimes they get lost.

one key is ok, but i might look at getting a crook lock as a deterent if your worried. that or pay the cash and have it recoded.

My Lexus came with one key from the dealer. (I think they guy had that owned it before me probably had the others in his house.

They guy that bought it off me called me about a year later asking if there were spares as his wife lost the key and now were told they need a new ECU and £2k or something!