Choosing a new mobile phone?!

rtbiscuit

can't get the omnia on O2 network, also not going to pay throught the nose for an iphone, think its going to cost me about £90. with a £30 a month network charge.

not bad concidering the phone on its own costs nearly £400.

as for kids and there mobiles, my workshop is a mobile free zone, if i find any kids with mobiles on, i put them through the bandsaw. or confiscate them for at least a week. depends on what mood i'm in.

its great being a teacher. :lol:

Having been a Windows Mobile guy for years and years - always found it a bit clunky but got there in the end.

Few months ago got the iPhone and have not looked back - Its just SOOOO easy to use. The browsing on it is much better than even the likes of Opera on WM. Not the cheapest I will state but there is more development for it than any other mobile by a large margin already.

Since getting the iPhone I have used it way more than any other phone I have had - Call etc obviously not really any different but its all the other things like Google Maps to give me traffic when I hit some on the M25, tracking when out snowboarding, games, video on a screen thats its actually not too bad to watch a film on etc

Just get an iPhone and be done with it :thumbs:

I have two of them, one for work and a private one, still hate the things though. Its the reliance on them today that gets to me. ;)

If it keeps you in a job then all well and good :thumbs:

Plus, if things go to plan and I get the contractor role I am after with them, it will be financing a 370z in less than a year :teeth:

Unfortunately the mobile is here to stay :dry: For me and a lot of people (especially in IT) its a necessary evil - however dont be a slave to it just use it to make your life a bit easier!

Best thing is the off switch in my view! :lol:

(Think there is a grumpy old man thread somewhere on here!!) :headhurt:

Just to throw another one in the mix, just got the HTC touch HD with o2.

It is the latest windows mobile device, has gps built in so I have Tomtom on it.

600 mins, 500 texts and unlimited browsing for £31 a month and the phone was £-40 (cashback)

i'd been looking on the o2 website but could never find any HTC products.

will have to have another browse , although i feel its going to be the iphone.

It is the latest windows mobile device, has gps built in so I have Tomtom on it.

600 mins, 500 texts and unlimited browsing for £31 a month and the phone was £-40 (cashback)

I think most of the O2 'brand' phones are made by HTC. Look at http://www.expansys.com/smartphone?bybrand=1&man=407 and match the piccies to find out which ones are rebranded HTC.

If you get a iPhone then the cases from http://wrappers.typepad.com/ipod/apple_ ... index.html are quite good.

I bought mine through mobiles.oc.uk...

I have the 02 XDAII Orbit. It's a rebranded HTC Polaris.

I like windows phones. On my 4th! I had two samsungs in between.

Sure, they aren't as slick as Iphones but they don't have the Apple Marketing man touting them either!

Try them all out. The Iphone is the 'coolest' to use for a few days. However you can upgrade your windows phone to work like an Iphone too without it's short comings (MMS, Bluetooth etc)! :teeth:

I have the HTC touch HD and it is excellent.. gone are the windows mobile glitches, touchflo interface is excelent and battery life is by far the best of any device of it's type i have tried. It instantly worked with the 350z stock bluetooth and is clear as you like.

I like the i-phone too.. but as i have an ipod touch as part of my hifi i wanted something different.. the screen on the HTC touch HD is higher res and larger than the i-phone 2g or 3g .. which for me is good as i travel a lot so like watching movies on my phone..

I would recommend it..