Nismo gear knob - anyone have one in their car with pics?

matth76

Hi

Just seen this "genuine" Nismo gear knob http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/nism ... 19811.html

Just wondered if you can get this or something like in the UK and if anyone has any pics of it their car? I'm trying to keep the car looking stock but getting a geniune or replica stock 350z gear knob is proving difficult and expensive. A bit of extra titanium might make the interior look good (especially on the earlier interior without the extra aluminium round the gear stick and air con buttons).

Thanks for any help and pics.

Hi

Just seen this "genuine" Nismo gear knob http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/nism ... 19811.html

Just wondered if you can get this or something like in the UK and if anyone has any pics of it their car? I'm trying to keep the car looking stock but getting a geniune or replica stock 350z gear knob is proving difficult and expensive. A bit of extra titanium might make the interior look good (especially on the earlier interior without the extra aluminium round the gear stick and air con buttons).

Thanks for any help and pics.

You have pm mate. ;)

Cheers for all the replies. There seem to be different "genuine" Nismo gear knobs around - the JDM Performance one and Vivid Racing links above show very nice ones but they are both different.

Also, while looking on the JDM website I found this - a Nissan 350z gear shifter plate http://www.jdmperformance.co.uk/item_de ... odID=57768 ...will this "stick" on to the top of a stock gear knob?

i like the titanium one, not the gt titanium, but the standard titanium, like said above it is nearly £100, but its the only one that i can tell that still has a shift pattern on the top of it.

Which one are you referring to that has the shift pattern on it and that you like? Which one do you guys reckon would be the closest match to the aluminium door handles? When I fitted an aftermarket gearknob to one of my old cars it didn't quite fit properly over the gear stick (only probably by half a mm) but was enough to make it "wobble" very slightly. Do the nismo titanium ones secure tightly over the gear stick?

Hi Matt,

The Nismo screws on the standard thread where the original would sit. Fit is perfect unlike the momo I had on my previous car.

Be VERY careful as the original is on v.tight and you need a good wrench / set of mole grips to hold the actual shaft before you try to twist off your original gear knob. There is a write up in the guides section.

Regards,

Matt1!

By the way why is it you say be very careful un-doing the original? Can it damage the gearbox if I yank too hard? Also, an important question does it invalidate a manufacturer's extended warranty? For example if I get the crunching gears will they use the excuse that I have used non-standard parts and not agree to do the work?