Oil catch tanks

Martin W

Keeps all the crap out of the intake. Less crap = less power loss over the years.

if in say a few years time you were to take off the plenum cover and have a clean up inside, would that have the same effect,

or doe sthis can also stop stuff clogging pipes etc.

i may well get one at some point but only really likely to spend no more than £50 as it does seem a little expensive for a can

Tbh it's not worth it if you're NA with bolt on mods as the stock design of the engine and intake won't allow silly amounts of oil in, but for the guys running FI setups and stroked NA kits it will certainly help keep everything nice and clean. It also lets you know just how much oil is passing the seals so you can keep an eye on anywhere you might have a potential issue.

Certainly no harm in taking stuff apart to clean it, but it's not something I'd ever bother doing unless I had the car 10 years/100K miles. Too much effort for precious little gain IMHO.

thought as much,

if it was seen as an absolute must then i might have, but as i have no plans t ogo FI, it will go on the back buner for one of those months when i have lots of spare cash... so some time in 2020. :dry:

If it was an absolute must, Nissan would have put it there ;)

thought as much,

if it was seen as an absolute must then i might have, but as i have no plans t ogo FI, it will go on the back buner for one of those months when i have lots of spare cash... so some time in 2020. :dry:

True... but thats before lots of us can't resist 'putting' other bits and bobs in the enjun bay :blush:

thought as much,

But its shiney :teeth:

thought as much,

Sensible point there Ian ;) !!! Not a must but it does do what its supposed to so a reasonable mod!

thought as much,

Sensible point there Ian ;) !!! Not a must but it does do what its supposed to so a reasonable mod!

I'm not arguing with it, I'd have one if I had the money. And it does add some functionality. Just pointing out if it was absolutely needed it would have already been there. Nissan obviously decided they cost too much for the function they offer so dont include it. :)