air filter

pturbo

right im after a new one so i was thinking which is better? nismo ,trust ,aem etc?there seems to be a lot..

on my old clio turbo i used to use a modified hks mushroom filter,as the zed is a completly different car im a bit stuck on where to begin.lol

Nismo's are rebranded AEM's

k&n typhoons do a good job and come with carbon and shiny bits.

Lots like Poopchargers, but to get best results you need a bumper scoop and you may want to by another filter tube...

HKS ones are available to for the Zed

Lots like Poopchargers, but to get best results you need a bumper scoop and you may want to by another filter tube...

HKS are also pretty expensive ;)

HKS are also pretty expensive ;)

HKS are also pretty good ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ive just ordered a Scorpion Exhaust and gets fit on Monday and iam also looking for an induction kit.

The place thats fitting the Exhaust is Revolution in Gateshead and they have the K&N Typhoon kit but past experience on my Impreza Sti was it made a terrible loud noise when on throttle so i replaced it with a K&N Apollo which was great but to my knowledge its not available for the 350z.

Just wondering what people on this site have and whats the sound like from their Ind kit iam looking for a nice sound but not over the top like experienced with the Typhoon from K&N

Yeh iam paying £372 for the scorpion exhaust on fitting is £45.

So verma i take it you fitting a typhoon kit on your zed?

I must admit iam tempted but like i say on my subaru it sounded like something was wrong with the car it made a very loud whooshing sound.

If anyone has a video clip of the typhoon on a zed in action i would be very greatful. :)

Yeh iam paying £372 for the scorpion exhaust on fitting is £45.

So verma i take it you fitting a typhoon kit on your zed?

I must admit iam tempted but like i say on my subaru it sounded like something was wrong with the car it made a very loud whooshing sound.

If anyone has a video clip of the typhoon on a zed in action i would be very greatful. :)

Hi,

CS will do you a better price than that and £45 is too priey for fitting, you should be looking under £30 at least..heres a clip of typhoon before and after and PM sent.. :thumbs:

Finally got the scorpion exhaust fit on monday and it sounds great, only one problem the left hand tail pipe is sticking out a inch further than the right tail pipe and it looks p?ssed :rant::rant: so ive spoken to the garage who fit it and they are going to see if they can fix the problem NEXT thursday :dry:.

Have any other members had the same problem as i have or have i just getting a numpty of a mechanic to fit my exhaust?

Finally got the scorpion exhaust fit on monday and it sounds great, only one problem the left hand tail pipe is sticking out a inch further than the right tail pipe and it looks p?ssed :rant::rant: so ive spoken to the garage who fit it and they are going to see if they can fix the problem NEXT thursday :dry:.

Have any other members had the same problem as i have or have i just getting a numpty of a mechanic to fit my exhaust?

We haven’t had any issues with the ones we’ve supplied/fitted, they’ve always protruded equally… :)

im fitting mine in about 1 hour so ill let you know how it goes, though im doing it myself in the dark so hopefully it will line up! :thumbs:

Then the K1 gets shipped off to the highlands :(

So you went for a scorpion in the end, is this what you first thought about getting?

I was thinking about a couple of different ones tbh, after hearing yours in the flesh though and considering the price i think its a bargain, im just hoping it transfers heat better than the stock one on the track... we shall see....

I must say that the quality of the material is actually better than i expected which is good, however i had a nightmare fitting mine... was way out of alignment, had to get the LARGE wrench out and bend one of the metal rods on the back, im concerned that it might knock on the diff or the metal cover for the stock exhaust but i have yet to drive it.

it took me and a m8 2 hours to align properly, i will take pics in the day light and let you see the finish, which is now perfect :thumbs:

to start with it was out by about 2 inches on the right and probably a cm to high on the left.

condering the price i wonder about the quality control, what reg is your car davidmillzy

My cars reg is 2005, Iam happy you got your exhaust fit MrLizard, Like i said think i got a numpty fitter who just wanted to fit the exhaust and finish work and not bother lining it up properly :rant: It did take him longer to remove the old exhaust than to fit the new one so maybe he was abit stressed still no excuse though but Hopefully this time next week mine should be lined up properly and looking as good as it sounds.

There is a black plastic cover just to the side of the drivers rear wheel i think that has to come off bud and you should then get a perfect fit :thumbs:

There is a black plastic cover just to the side of the drivers rear wheel i think that has to come off bud and you should then get a perfect fit :thumbs:

i didnt see that :dry: