New car in the next 2 months

Hi everyone, just thought i should say hi, joined the other day and the site looks brilliant compared to others ive had a brief view on. Anyway ive decided to sell my Megane GT and im looking at the 350z i have a budget of around £13,000 ish but could end up adding a few K to it lol, Im after either the dark grey, silver, black or blue and must have the GT pack. Ive had a quick look at the buying guide and ive also read the one in the evo magazine and the 350z seems to be a pretty rock solid car. But is there anything i should look out for. Im just going to take a look at the Autotrader website and over on PistonHeads and also anywhere else i should take a look.

Heres a pic of my current car, running 208bhp and 280 lb/ft tq

f_docsSmallm_b1fd943.jpg

Thanks Chris.

:welcome: to the forum Chris,

Glad to see your upgrading to the Z :lol:, only joking, thats a tidy car you have there though Chris. Agree with the GT pack, £13k should get you a pretty decent Z at the current climate. Not keen on the sunset orange then? :lol:

There will be a few things to look out for with the Z, as they do have a couple of common faults (nothing serious though) I'm sure the lads/lass' on here will fill you in on what you need to watch out for. Have a look in the for sale section on here, there may be something you can pick up.

Hi guys just a quick update, i have decided to extend my budget and will be aiming for a 313ps model, i have found a couple of models im interested one for £16999 with 10k on the clock gun metal and GT pack on a 57 plate what do you realistically think i could knock off this price 1k - 2k.

Just need to get a test drive on one yet, only managed to sit in one at the moment but have been put off slightly by a few people saying they feel too heavy and need to be worked hard to get the best performance out of them, but im not letting it put me off untill ive taken a few out for a test drive.

Does the 350z have a slip diff, i thought i read somewhere that it did, anyway i know what you mean the steering on my Megane is so light and the gearbox is like a wooden spoon in a bucket, but does the heavy feel of the car affect handling, mine will be used for town driving and the occasional 'spirited' drive ;) want a decent all round car, FWD is terrible and im hoping off the line grip will be much bette with RWD ?

Yeah it does (i hope :blush:)

In my opinion the heavy feel of the car helps the handling, because it feels so planted but when you push it, it becomes very agile and is a fantastic drivers car. You've got to watch it on a wet road but other than that the grip is brilliant (i find the std tyres rubbish but put some good rubber on and you'll have no problems)

I use mine everyday, do about 20k a year in it and i never get bored of driving it, its a great cruiser but then turn off into some twisty roads and it becomes a proper sports car.

Just go steady if you haven't driven RWD before, naturally its very different and takes a while to get used to it compared with FWD.

After reading the Evo buying guide it said not to change the tyres as it affected the set up of the car, this was one of the things that put me off as i thought i wasnt able to change the spec of the tyres without affecting the ESP set-up. Whats the general decission of best tyres, currently have Michelin Pilot sport 2's on mine and they seam to be an excelent tyre. I will only be doing around 8K a year max in mine as we have a van for work and this will be used for social.

Only a couple of other questions;

Whats the current Tax for a year on the car and whats it set to rise to & how small is the boot, im not after a huge boot as i realise i would be looking at the wrong car but just after people views who use it day -to-day is it ample for the car ?

I dont mean change the tyre size, just the brand. I have 19's on mine and it makes hardly any difference so dont believe any of that rubbish.

I run eagle f1's but people rate loads of brands on here. Pilots are excellent but pricey.

My tax is £210 for an 04 car, it is set to go up but not up to £400 as it was meant to this year...phew!! Not sure if it depends which year you buy so check this.

The boot is actually quite big its just the shape is a problem because of the rear strut. You can fit plenty of bags, shopping in it, its just rigid stuff like boxes that dont fit well because of the narrow nature of the boot and the sweeping boot lid.

Go and take one for a drive and i guarantee you will love it!! :teeth: