I am so bloody cross with myself...

nixy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nixy, Once it's clean you'll feel better. Get a good skin of protection over the damage and just grin and bear it for a while.

It's not perfect but it'll be fine!

+1 - think we have done this at some point Nixy - its normally shiny brand new alloys in my case or letting the hardtop slip on to the top rear wing of my brand new black MR2 roadster and gouge it!!! :cry:

oh well we cant keep them in glass cases they are there to be used and enjoyed - so forget about it for now and just focus on the break away from work :)

so annoying when its your own stupidity but will get it sorted eventually. My car's really well looked after and I don't want it to end up looking like a mistreated example covered in knocks and scrapes. Thanks for all the advice.

• 1 month later...

Did you get this sorted?

I've just had very similar dink in mine but from an idiot in a car park :rant: . Although the double skinned rear makes it more difficult there should be little problem. Just had a quote for mine at £70. I was given 2 options: 1 Glue technique to pull it out but would only get rid of 60% of dent. The second option is to drill a small hole, under the wheel arch, fix the dent from the back then bung the hole with a grommet. I will post the results up in another thread once it's done.

Put some decent close up shots of the damage on here, and i'm sure Craig (a member on here) can give you a definite answer to whether this is fixable through a dent company. He did a marvellous job easing the dent out on my roof, and hopefully it can be sorted without the need for filler and paint. :)

Looks like nothing compared to the entire driver side of my Z last year....

car3.jpg

And that wasn't all of it.. there was more damage to the front quarter panel and wheel/tire area. -- About $7000+ in damage.. almost totaled as I thought the B-Pillar was bent. (None of which was my fault.. just stupid Springfield drivers.)

Now she's all pretty again:

SCBLC.jpg

You'll get it worked out though.. doesn't look toooooo bad. :)

Looks like nothing compared to the entire driver side of my Z last year....

car3.jpg

And that wasn't all of it.. there was more damage to the front quarter panel and wheel/tire area. -- About $7000+ in damage.. almost totaled as I thought the B-Pillar was bent. (None of which was my fault.. just stupid Springfield drivers.)

Now she's all pretty again:

SCBLC.jpg

You'll get it worked out though.. doesn't look toooooo bad. :)

She certainly looks good now. What are those wheels?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

After meeting you in Wales (and the PM :) ) I'm finally posting my similar repair.

As you can see it's pretty much identical to yours in size and position.

car002.jpg

car004.jpg

My feelings at this point :angry::headhurt::boxing:

Popped around to see Dentcraft who are based in Sheldon, Birmingham. I think he also does work in Brighton, the wrong way for you though.

Was quoted £70 to fix with the method I mentioned earlier.

To gain access a small hole was drilled behind the dent. This photo shows the grommet after the repair. The black patch is some extra underseal I slapped on for added protection :D

grommet.jpg

and some photos of the finished repair

postfix1.jpg

postfix2.jpg

You can see a small bit of distortion on the wheel arch ridge (just above my domed head). After taking the photo I had to go and have another look. I guess it's just the way the light was in the photo as the repair is completely invisible to the naked eye.

Hope you can find someone to fix yours now that you know it's possible :yahoo:

Would it be wrong to say something about female drivers.....only kidding :blush: lol

As said, it dont look that bad. polish and t cut the life out of it and the see a paintless dent removal company. I always find the hardest thing is finding time to arrange it getting fixed. Still ned to arrange to get a door ding someone gave me out. On that note anyone know any companys in the glasgow area? lol. Hijacked