Will the 370Z affect 350Z prices

mattypk

Well the 'credit crunch' has had such a HUGE effect on prices that I doubt the 370 will knock it much more.

I'd imagine the 370Z would be around the current 350Z pricing new. So about £30k for a high spec model. That's 20-25K less than a GTR.

Everyone is suprised about the price of the white 08 zed Digsy is interested in in Basingstoke. The 370z is due in the spring so newish zeds will drop like stones but shouldn't affect older zeds too much..........

+1 to that and what Stew said. I think older (read second hand) Zeds have taken so much of a battering that it doesnt make sense to sell them any more, which means prices will stabilise where they are. New Zeds however will have to fall as the 370z will be priced near as damn it as the new 350z are atm. 370z may be a bit more, but its marketed at the same people as the 350z, so have to be priced about the same - ~£30k. Cant see it being over £35k for a top spec.

370z will be same price a new 350....maybe about 1k more max.

350 prices will stabilise...because there arnt many on the road and if someone wants a 350z..they will have to buy used from next year...so unless there are a lot of desperate sellers around...prices will depend on how hard sellers stick to asking price.

• 4 weeks later...

Think the car market will tumble a little but I dont think as much as everything makes out it will ?

Zed prices for 08 have fallen yes - got a flyer form Westway Nissan selling 80 model GT spec coupe's for £22K - I recon you could get them a bit cheaper -

I'd be more interested in Aston prices to be honest! he he he :lol: Heard that local Rangerover delaer near Burnley has knocked £20K off the price of their Rangerovers! Overpriced anyway but thats a big chunk of cash! :p

If I were Nissan I'd be more worried about what the prices of 350Z's will do to the 370Z. For sure it is a step forward, but if you can get a 6 month old 350Z with similar spec / performance for £20k, will you really want to spend £10k plus to get a demo 370Z??

Autocar was saying the 370z will be priced at £27.5k and £32.5k for the base/GT model. And that the GTR will now be £57k-£59k.

Anyway, as others have said, newer 350z's will/have already taken a massive hit... and i think that will continue with the release of the 370z, but older models will not suffer anywhere near as badly, if at all, as they've already been spanked!

Autocar was saying the 370z will be priced at £27.5k and £32.5k for the base/GT model. And that the GTR will now be £57k-£59k.

Anyway, as others have said, newer 350z's will/have already taken a massive hit... and i think that will continue with the release of the 370z, but older models will not suffer anywhere near as badly, if at all, as they've already been spanked!

think your right there matey - but spanking a 350z ???? whats all that about then? :lol:

I think the 370Z will be one of those - love it or hate it cars - so far I really dont like it and will stick with my 350 until I cant afford to fuel it but sometimes things backfire - remember when the new MX5 came out - bit of an initial yippee turned to well actually they should have lowered it, given it more power and changed the front so it does'nt look like a bathtub? Infact prices of the older model have held on quite well, while new ones have dropped ? :headhurt:

IMHO 350z will drop by the same value as when the newer more powerful model to replace MY03. Think its was 1-2k instant drop for new ones and you either had a 500-1k ish hit for second hand one as trade-in since it was just another thing for them to take **** with, or it took 3 months longer to sell at the right price (waiting for the right chap to come along and make you an offer.)

Not a massive hit but 1 all the same.