just cleaned my Z..trying a detail stylee write up.pic heavy

lilsheepshagga_turbo

well i woke up today after 5 hours sleep knowing the weather was going to be good..(the weather man said) so i hads ma brekky (protein shake..apple...porridge and coffee FYI :D ) got finished for about quarter to 11 and decided to get on with it.. the list of products used to are

Dodo Juice born to be mild

Bilt Hamber Surfex HD

Gilmour Foamaster 2

Muck Off alloy wheel cleaner

S.R.P

Dodo Juice diamond white

megs metal polish

before i start.. this is how dirty my car is....a few pics its been like 3 weeks since my baby got washed

000_0133.jpg

000_0134.jpg

000_0137.jpg

i started off by spraying the whole car down with the surfex hd.. the solution i used was 1:5 which is failry concentrated as my car was fairly soiled and i wanted to strip the old wax off... i agitated the dirt with a lambs wool stick along the inner door sills and side skirt sills..

000_0138.jpg

000_0139.jpg

i then foamed up with elite car care foam

000_0140.jpg

first time ive used this combo but it worked wonders and made the whole cleaning with 2 bm and the born to be mild alot easier.. the dirt was sliding off and my car was glistening...a few pics to show the result

000_0141.jpg

000_0143.jpg

000_0144.jpg

whilst the car was still wet after hosing it down.. i set at the wheels with the muc off and old wash mitt..i use this stuff on my bike and i thought i would give it a try on the rims... turned out alright

000_0142.jpg

000_0145.jpg

now i dried it off with a megs drying towel and a foam type shammy that phil gave me which was awesome... really helped the drying.. thanks phil again

then i set at it with S.R.P with a megs applicator pad and buffed off

pic of bonnet with S.R.P

000_0148.jpg

pic of roof with S.R.P

000_0149.jpg

next up was dodo juice diamond white... hand applied.. i think it hit a max of 4 degrees today.. applying it by hand was verging on pain on the hands it was that cold..

dodo juice born to be mild on bonnet

000_0152.jpg

dodo juice born to be mild on side

000_0151.jpg

last but not least i polished my exhaust and tips with the megs metal polish.. tres cold on the back....

000_0153.jpg

000_0155.jpg

sorry about the final few pictures... the light was going real quick so they look a bit dark

sorry if this is the worst write up ever but i thought i would share the pics..

ive had a good day... now off to work

enjoy

-ho

cheers guys. Yeh I was gonna buy the ab lance but I've got r222 autosol and bilt hamber stuff so I thought no need. yes it wasn't the clingiest but it did its job. my bucket was almost gritless. the foam I used I got free with it but I intend on buying bh super snowfoam or whatever its called next. I cannot recommend the surfex HD enough. blot better than r222 autosol imho.

-ho

Been using the surfex for about a year I think and it's magic. So is their clay.

Might be an idea for all the clean freaks to post up detailing threads to compare and it would lets others learn some tricks.

I'd certainly like to learn from others.

tbh dirt doesn't look as bad as you might think... well i never let it get as dirty as a white van man but still nevertheless it really doesnt show up as bad as yellow or even black.. black just looks grey when its manky....

agreed with stew... i would love to learn some tricks of the trade to make cleaning easier....

Good job chap.

I take it you dont have any sealant on the wheels? Like Poorboys or whatever? I suggest you get the wheels off, give them a proper clean and get some PB wheel sealant on there. Makes cleaning a breeze, and dont have to use strong stuff like Muc Off any more, which has been known to damage wheels over time ;)