Bugatti on Top Gear tonight

Trev-the-Rev

Dissappointed? it is close to 2 tonnes, and the other cars in the top 3 are pretty much track beasts. The veyron is a different animal altogether. More like a cross between a luxury cruiser, and a supercar, so the fact it was only 1 second slower than an out and out supercar is amazing.

Does nothing for me :blush:

I'm with you on that one. No doubt its an awesome machine but its soo bland. Nothing exciting about it.

It was .5 seconds off the time for the Zonda F, and yet it was unexciting? Are g forces different in the Veyron? is acceleration different? For a car 800kgs heavier to do it in that time it had to have been anything but dull. Not really sure exactly how you can tell a dull/exciting car from just watching.

Does nothing for me :blush:

I'm with you on that one. No doubt its an awesome machine but its soo bland. Nothing exciting about it.

It was .5 seconds off the time for the Zonda F, and yet it was unexciting? Are g forces different in the Veyron? is acceleration different? For a car 800kgs heavier to do it in that time it had to have been anything but dull. Not really sure exactly how you can tell a dull/exciting car from just watching.

I know what your saying but that's down to its technical skills. It all looks too easy if that makes sense. The zonda seems more like a drivers supercar. Plus having seen both in the flesh the zonda easily takes it on looks. The rear tyres are ridiculous. But that's just how it should be. The veyron just looks like a passat.

Dont get me wrong, the Veyron is truley epic and it is great that they made it. The drag race this did shows how absolutely powerful it is, but on the track there didnt seem to be any hint of drama. I recon a spirited drive in the Zonda would leave you feeling like a bit of a hero - in the Veyron, like you were just along for the ride!

the way it left the Zonda over that drag race though was just mind blowing!!!!! :scare::scare:

+1 - given how close they were on the track, it left it standing in the drag race. I would imaging if they did a datalog of both, the Zonda would be quicker in the corners and later on the brakes and the Veyron quicker on the straighter bits. Dont think the TG track is best suited to the Veyron, it would prefer much more open sweeping bends.

The Veyron is a truely epic car, but as the others have said it just doesnt do it for me. Zonda F just sounds and looks so amazing in comparison.