Considering buying a 350Z

Hi guys,

I am in the final throes of buying a 350Z and thought before i take the plunge it would be a very good idea to ask advice from some people that really know about them!

I've test driven a couple now and am looking to buy a 2005 model with 25k on the clock for £12,500. It is a one owner car with full history. Can anyone point me in the direction of known faults to be weary of? Also are there any hidden costs associated with owning the car? Is servicing expensive?

Many thanks for any help and hope to be part of the forum very soon!

Sean

Hey Shaun . . .

. . . Just bought one myself last week, an 05, similar mileage at roughly the same price AND boy am I glad I did.

By far and away the best 'drivers' car I have owned to date.

1000 mile in 4 days is testament to that :teeth:

Not much to catch you out as the buyers guide will show. Not really too expensive to own and run. Depends how you drive it though. Can be heavy on fuel, tyres and brakes if you drive it like you stole it. Servicing is relatively inexpensive as is insurance.

Just buy it and enjoy!

Welcome, I got my 350 about 5 weeks ago it was a 55 plate after a bit of haggling between two dealers I got it for £14k with 15k miles on the clock.

The car is great and I've done just over 5k miles since I got it. Its averaging 27 to the gallon at the moment so it's not too bad on juice.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. I am going to see the car below on the weekend so hopefully it will turn out to be a good'un. It is in Hampshire and i am based in London so not too far. They also have an 06 plate with 40k on the clock for the same price. Not sure i want a car that has been doing 20k a year!

Will keep you posted

Cheers,

Sean

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/787167.htm

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, i picked up my new car on Saturday morning and have already used a full tank of petrol just 36 hours later!!

The car is awesome. I have bought a 54 plate in Azure Blue with GT pack and am loving it.

Will post some pics when i get a chance but will need to clean it as it is looking a bit dirty after all the miles this weekend!

p.s. the only thing that bothers me is the lack of a proper tonneau cover!! Is there anything out there that properly stops anyone from seeing what is in the boot? I was a bit worried when i parked it in a multi-storey car park when it had my overnight bag in it which had my laptop in it!