Vredestein tires errr tyres :)

madwi

I have used these in the past. I liked them. Do not last as long as Bridgestones.

EVO test 2007

1) Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric

2) Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

3) Continental Contisport Contact 3

4) Bridgestone Potenza RE050-A

5) Michelin Pilot Sport PS2

6) Pirelli PZero Nero

7) Kumho Ecsta STP KU31

8) Dunlop Sport Maxx

9) Yokohama S.Drive

I have used these in the past. I liked them. Do not last as long as Bridgestones.

EVO test 2007

6) Pirelli PZero Nero

7) Kumho Ecsta STP KU31

8) Dunlop Sport Maxx

9) Yokohama S.Drive

Any idea what issue that was in? Be good to have a read up on all that again.

EVO test 2007

6) Pirelli PZero Nero

7) Kumho Ecsta STP KU31

8) Dunlop Sport Maxx

9) Yokohama S.Drive

Asymetrics and Dunlops unavailable for 18s...neither 45 nor 40 prof....unless you wanna mix em up.... :headhurt::thumbs:

I'll be ordering a set of these in the spring. I just had some blizzaks put on and threw out the stockers...of course on the way to the tire shop I had to roach off a decent amount of rubber so i wouldnt feel too wasteful :lol:

The price is a big plus. I was quoted $600 for a set. $150 a piece is golden in my book.

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?d ... 110&Achse=

they look quite interesting, never really heard of them, but are comaparable in price to the toyo's

can only find them on mytyres, black circles don't seem to stock them.

and mytyres are always more expensive.

just wondered where the cheapest place to find them is.

does anyone else use them. i might be tempted to try them out when mine need replacing

see i don't mind the bridgestones i got used to them on the MR2, yes they have their moments when the grip diappears but i always found them progressive, you could feel it and control it.

have always been a loyal toyo fan. had them on all my cars. but found on the MR2, when first fitted for the first 300 miles they were aweful. once they were properly scrubbed then they were excellent (initially it felt like driving on jelly, even pulled over on way home after fitting to check to see if something had blown.)

never liked the eagle F1's had them on the 306 GTI6, had a very soft tyre wall, Car performed better on pirelli p6000.

have been contemplating toyo's again or the falken 452's

but these verdestans look interesting.

not sure out of the 2 above which ones i would go for; the standards or the sessanta's?

do you recon camskills would order them in at a good price? or if they would beable to give any positive feed back.

am impressed how well evo rated them. in the top 3 :thumbs: so maybe they are worth ago? :headhurt:

never liked the eagle F1's had them on the 306 GTI6, had a very soft tyre wall, Car performed better on pirelli p6000.

I hear the vreds have a very nice stiff sidewall. (info taken from a couple of forums so take it for what its worth)

EVO test 2007

6) Pirelli PZero Nero

7) Kumho Ecsta STP KU31

8) Dunlop Sport Maxx

9) Yokohama S.Drive

its amazing how toyo and falken don't even get into the list i would have chosen them over some of the tyres in there.

and the vredesteins work out cheaper than the toyos on mytyres

EVO test 2007

6) Pirelli PZero Nero

7) Kumho Ecsta STP KU31

8) Dunlop Sport Maxx

9) Yokohama S.Drive

its amazing how toyo and falken don't even get into the list i would have chosen them over some of the tyres in there.

and the vredesteins work out cheaper than the toyos on mytyres

This is a very subjective test imo. How anyone can state that Potenzas are better than MPS beats me.

EVO test was September 2007.

This autoexpress test also tested them (came out as best of the cheaper tyres), results:

Dry Handling: Pirelli P Zero, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2, BF Goodrich G-force Profiler

Wet Handling: Pirelli P Zero, Continental Conti Sport Contact 3, Goodyear Egle A1 Aysmmetric

Dry Braking: Michelin Pilot Sport PS2, Pirelli P Zero, BF Goodrich G-force Profiler

Wet Braking: Goodyear Egle A1 Aysmmetric, Vredestein Ultrac-Sessanta

Aquaplaning - Straight: Uniroyal Rainsport 2,Vredestein Ultrac-Sessanta, Pirelli P Zero

Aquaplaning - curved: Pirelli P Zero, Continental Conti Sport Contact, Vredestein Ultrac-Sessanta