Bumper air scoop

rtbiscuit

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO they make the car look much more aggressive BUT only with a smooth bumper. If you keep the nissan badge it looks way too cluttered

DSC_1094Medium.jpg

:teeth:

See now i really like the look of that, looks B) , suppose all depends what other route of mods your taking !!!!!!!!!1

i do like that, and long term the aim is to keep the bumper but add a lip at the front, similar to the varis or the mines in carbon.

removing the badge does make it look a whole lot better. is that and expensive process or fairly cheap to do.

i can do the filling and sanding, but i don't have the spray facilities anymore. and spraying new items is one thing, blending into original paint work is a whole new ball game. :headhurt:

IMO they make the car look much more aggressive BUT only with a smooth bumper. If you keep the nissan badge it looks way too cluttered

DSC_1094Medium.jpg

:teeth:

it really suits your car actually ian! like everyone says it depends what mods you have but if you haven't done anything else then it wouldn't be at the top of my list.

I sooo wanted the airduct myself as you know i had first dibs on it but i slept on it and after googling lots of Azure pics with this thing fitted, i did'nt like it. :D

Unless it is colour coded or on a black car it tends to stick out to much imo :D

i'm sure i remember seeing a blanking plate for the front badge area.

does anyone know where i can get one.

also i have sprayed car parts before, but never sprayed onto carbon fibre. with plastics you use a flexible plastic primer.

is there anything special that you have to do with carbon fibre.

ooh i'm looking forward to this i enjoy spraying stuff. :teeth:

i do like that, and long term the aim is to keep the bumper but add a lip at the front, similar to the varis or the mines in carbon.

removing the badge does make it look a whole lot better. is that and expensive process or fairly cheap to do.

i can do the filling and sanding, but i don't have the spray facilities anymore. and spraying new items is one thing, blending into original paint work is a whole new ball game. :headhurt:

I paid £260ish to get my bumper smoothed a resprayed. Price will depend on your area :thumbs:

I sooo wanted the airduct myself as you know i had first dibs on it but i slept on it and after googling lots of Azure pics with this thing fitted, i did'nt like it. :D

Unless it is colour coded or on a black car it tends to stick out to much imo :D

You know what, i disagree - i think the carbon ones only look good on azure!

Eitherway, thats whats good about our cars - everyone's tastes are different, and there are so many different themes you can go for...

See now that actually in my eyes looks really smart.

Yeh but on the other hand, i can think of a sh!t load of things i'd rather spend £250 on:

Lowering Springs

Plenum

Tinted Windows

Paddle shift Kit(where's glastoveteran - not had an update from him!!)

Retrim

Sound system

Front Lip

If you wont install the duct without going down the debadged route - you've got to ask yourself if its really a £300 mod...!

guys this is why we have a forum,

my decision is ...

to make it suit my silver i would need to respray, blend and repaint the front of my car and the intake.

and to make it look right on my car i would also need a turbo.

total cost of installing air intake £6000. :scare:

the look on his face when he hands his credit card over ... priceless

the carbon look suits other colors, just not the silver with no mods.

how weird is this, its back up for grabs, and it hasn't even reached me yet.

will have to put on ebay, unless someone else would like it, think this is better suited to blue cars and black cars

Dont worry bud we have all bought things for the zed and then sold them on for less, its part of the modding world, you will get used to it, just ask sarnie :lol: !!!!!!!

Thats why we keep telling him he needs another Zed, a great source of unused second hand parts :lol::teeth: