Bumper air scoop

rtbiscuit

I have just purchased an air scoop from mr mudd, but am now in a slight quandry of what to do with it. (save the funny remarks of "fit it" till later ;) )

my car is stock at the moment and i was trying to work out what it would look like on my silver zed.

i have tried to find pictures of ones fitted on other peoples cars but not having much luck, just found one or 2.

could people who have them fitted stick a pic up for me so i can see what they did.

my options are:

do i leave it and fit as standard showing the full glory of the carbon fibre

or

should i be more suttle and spray it to match the car for a more stealth look.

either way people are going to notice a hole in the fromt of my bumper :blush:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day rtbiscuit, tis your choice, im affraid this is a mod people either like or in sarnies case :lol: dont like, personally on a silver zed i think the carbon would be a bit tacky but then again that is my opnioion and im sure loads of people on here would dis-agree, just do what you want to do matey, trust me its the best way, thats what i have done :thumbs:

I thing it looks good on a couple of cars that have it but i would still go for the Typhoon type one that hides the scoop and puts it down near the front grill....

I dont think it would be too hard for this to be fabricated... For a DIY job you could use something like the following...

RamAir.jpg

This is one off a mustang, but you get the idea, the scoop fits in the grill area and then the flexi tube comes out just infront of the air filter...

:scare: This is my problem with late night impluse buying. bit like sleeping with an ugly girl when your drunk; at the time it seems like a great idea, but next morning your kinda having seriuos second thoughts.

well its on its way, i may end up just poping it on ebay. :headhurt:

i think that looks quite good,

i'm in 2 minds, i will have to umm and arr on it for a few weeks.

marzman, just looking at where your reflectors are, have you swapped them out for led's abit like you would find under an audi headlight?

Yes i have. Got them from Delsea motorsport in the states. About 80quid.

3Fiddy has them also. They are another marmite mod, as not many people on here seem to like them - but everyone turns and looks!

marzman, just looking at where your reflectors are, have you swapped them out for led's abit like you would find under an audi headlight?

3Fiddy has them also. They are another marmite mod, as not many people on here seem to like them - but everyone turns and looks!

Did have them (well they are still on at the moment...) They are about to be upgraded ;)

i think i'll end up sticking it on ebay for a tenner.

i should have just given muddy £20 and let him keep it :lol:

never mind, a sales a sale.

this is why i don't have a joint account with my wife, guarenteed the access to more money would only result in me spending for both of us on things i don't need :headhurt:

Did have them (well they are still on at the moment...) They are about to be upgraded ;)

Ooooh, ahhhhhh :lol: