Soooo desperate to wash the car!! help

stanski

Be worried when they ask you to do their wife!!! :surrender:

Would not apply to you though Louis ;) Your more likely to do Jay :yuck:

May i refer you to here - http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46 :dry:

Read the very bottom line :p:lol:

Come along Louis you like it really ;)

I believe that is to cover you guys if anything is said that can be taken as defamatory, not gives mods/admin/hosts the power to post what they want ;)

Stan, I just cleaned Jaynes car and my Mums too. At this time of year I do a two stage foam wash that I am trying to get right!

I just use megs shampoo plus (usually 6 squirts) topped up with warm water. This will not strip any wax and saves buying snowfoam too. The foam looks superb and does what it's meant to!

I apply via lavor pressure washer and polished bliss foam gun.

Ok I think this thread is getting out of hand!!

Whats the foam you use btw? Is it safe for use on softtops and how is it applied? via Karcher??

super snowfoam, applied via a karcher with an autobrite lance, this allows the foam to dwell on the car and soften all the muck so it can be washed off without scratching

Haha, that's the way Stan. We'll convert you proper yet. :lol::p

Yup. Just wait for comments from your neighbours like "you do know thats an exhuaust your polishing" :surrender: (I got that from my neighbbour who was impressed he waxed his H reg banger with 39p furniture wax :scare: )

Indeed it looks that way - got a club cap and fleece the other day - will keep me warm while washing the Zed ! ;) Although fitting kitchen this weekend so still not going to get opportunity to wash the poor little fella!

At least its not Interlagos fire coloured - it would look 10 times worse covered in road poo than mine ! :p

Yup. Just wait for comments from your neighbours like "you do know thats an exhuaust your polishing" :surrender: (I got that from my neighbbour who was impressed he waxed his H reg banger with 39p furniture wax :scare: )

Dont get me going on that, when i washed the car up at Sarah's place, her neighbour asked why i was cleaning everything, even in the wheel arches and inside the tail pipes. Some people have no idea... ;)

Dont get me going on that, when i washed the car up at Sarah's place, her neighbour asked why i was cleaning everything, even in the wheel arches and inside the tail pipes. Some people have no idea... ;)

If that was Blackfire furniture wax it would be more like £39!!! but at least would look good and last! :lol:

At least he was'nt using Fairy liquid!

As an aside in my Trade Secrets book - it mentions - never use polishing compound to remove scratchs from paintwork as your actually polishing the paint around the scratch to the same level - hmm but they dont tell you what to do instead? Fill the scratch with Lard maybe? :wacko:

If that was Blackfire furniture wax it would be more like £39!!! but at least would look good and last! :lol:

At least he was'nt using Fairy liquid!

As an aside in my Trade Secrets book - it mentions - never use polishing compound to remove scratchs from paintwork as your actually polishing the paint around the scratch to the same level - hmm but they dont tell you what to do instead? Fill the scratch with Lard maybe? :wacko:

£39, thats nowt. I got some Dodojuice Supernatural thats meant to be nigh on £70 :surrender:

Which trade secrets book? It depends on how deep the scratches are, whether through clear coat, base coat, primer or bare metal. If they are lights, then a light polishing compound can be used. If they are heavy then you can touch them in or potentially polish them out if you know how much paint you have to work with. Never use T-Cut! Get a professional opinion if its that bad!

Ha ha I decided not to make any applicance comments - but there is an evil looking Dyson DC01 vac lurking in the background very near his wing! :headhurt::surrender:

Bloody hell Stan are you an Dyson expert? Thats the correct model number :headhurt::lol:

I've got one of those specifically for the car :thumbs: . I didn't buy it just for the car though, it's the old one from the house :). Personally I love our DC07 with root cyclone technology spinning air at 178.9549 mph, generating centrifugal forces of 150,000G :lol: