New biscuit on the block! (Pics Page.3)

yep its got bridgestones on, all round, think they are the original tyres from new, done nearly 14,000, got roughly 5 mm tread at the rear. need to go and measure tonight.

had them on the 2, they're ok, but i want to get a set of falken 452's.

might have to do rear first then the fronts.

i know its important not to mix tyres across the axle, i'm guessing its the same as the 2 that you probably all reccommend to have same brands all round.

if so it looks like i need to give Camskills a ring. just on the off chance anyone know how much he charges for a full set. black circles look about £97 a corner unfitted, £115 fitted.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep its got bridgestones on, all round, think they are the original tyres from new, done nearly 14,000, got roughly 5 mm tread at the rear. need to go and measure tonight.

had them on the 2, they're ok, but i want to get a set of falken 452's.

might have to do rear first then the fronts.

i know its important not to mix tyres across the axle, i'm guessing its the same as the 2 that you probably all reccommend to have same brands all round.

if so it looks like i need to give Camskills a ring. just on the off chance anyone know how much he charges for a full set. black circles look about £97 a corner unfitted, £115 fitted.

had falkens on the front and pzero's on the rear for almost a year with no problems :thumbs:

Don't mix tyres Rich, you're better off with average tyres all round than different grip levels front and back, especially this time of year. For the sake of another £200, is it really worth it?

RE040s certainly aren't the greatest, but they'll do until you can afford to get all four done. You need to get some Michelin PS2s on there matey, they're bloody awesome and have transformed mine big-time.

Looks B) ,colour :thumbs: , How mine looked two weeks ago, now completly different, looking at your pics reminds me of the good old early days of owning my zed, you will love it !!!!!!!

The early days of 2 weeks ago? :p

already contemplating the odd mod.

can't make my mind up on the old CAI section

toss up between

Pop charger £95

K&N Typhoon

Nismo £160

just looking prices up, think i have it right, what ever i get it will hopefully come from big phil as my mate has already recommended him to me, and everyone speaks highly of him on here.

pop charger makes most sense as its cheaper, and there is no real gain other than sound. but it needs extra bits to shield it. and i'm never sure about mesh filters

k&n is nice, but its an oiled filter, i previously used Apexi cone filter on my MR2 as its a dry filter, but no one seems to have had any problems with it.

nismo is nice but would like the bumper cut out as well, but not found prices on that yet.

also like the piper cross, but its too expensive

This was my old baby, not alot of standard parts left on her, i kind of hoped that with the 350Z i wouldn't need to do anything and to keep her faily stock, but fat chance of that, i'm already looking at new bits. will i ever learn

Front3.jpg

frontside1.jpg

Front3.jpg

Meshedvents.jpg

Front1.jpg

i sprayed all the kit parts, rebuilt the side skirts from recovered crash car, custom built the fog lights at the front with various parts. fitted the mesh in the vents. etc. time investment on that car was priceless

i had a bit of a modding bug and did things like this

PICT0582.jpg

and this

PICT0682.jpgPICT0681.jpg

PICT0679.jpg

the induction kit was originally a stainless apexi induction pip, but the inside had corroded, so i re painted it.

and the engine cover had bee na glass fibre copy and had been made with raised lettering saying midship runabout. so i rebuilt it, took all the lettering off repsrayed and re branded.

already contemplating the odd mod.

can't make my mind up on the old CAI section

toss up between

Pop charger £95

K&N Typhoon

Nismo £160

just looking prices up, think i have it right, what ever i get it will hopefully come from big phil as my mate has already recommended him to me, and everyone speaks highly of him on here.

pop charger makes most sense as its cheaper, and there is no real gain other than sound. but it needs extra bits to shield it. and i'm never sure about mesh filters

k&n is nice, but its an oiled filter, i previously used Apexi cone filter on my MR2 as its a dry filter, but no one seems to have had any problems with it.

nismo is nice but would like the bumper cut out as well, but not found prices on that yet.

also like the piper cross, but its too expensive

Popcharger comes with everything you need :thumbs:

am swaying at the AEM as it has a dry filter to it.

if the nismo is a the same but rebranded and big phil does them for £160 i might have to have one, as i found an AEM for £170 and they are normally £203. or can you get them cheaper?