Best tyres for a Z???

Greekman

8200 miles and just about for my first experience with Nissan Hull service dep......

And on top of that my boy warrior needs new boots!!! Front and rear....... :headhurt:

What should i go for??? 18 inch rims....and factory suspension....but no limit on the budget...and i dont care how long they will last for...i just want the BEST!

Dont do track days....(not yet) and i would like decent grip on the wet..(they will be new for the winter anyway...)

Car is frequently driven on the limit....and ESP is almost always off...but bridgestones are really bad on the wet...

any idea how much it would be? would it be a good idea to give bidphil a ring for spacers???

Thanks everybody! :D

+1 for the MPS. Absolutely outstanding in both the dry and the wet: I'm positive that these tyres were 95% of the reason that I was able to pass Exiges and Caterhams at Anglesey last weekend as it was positively teeming down.

Incredible grip and plenty of feel, just quite pricey but worth every penny.

sorry guys if its been covered in the past....just post me the thread!

when u say pricey how do they go for so that i have an idea...

when u say spacers change factory settings...for the better or the worse? i do prefer my cars a bit pointy if pos and thats the reason i am changing front tyres as well...think they v got a couple of thousand miles left on them....and da Z tends to understeer a bit anyway... ;)

Don't mean to butt in but as far as I know GOODYEAR EAGLE F1's are the best sports road tyre in the wet and 1 of the best in the dry, I think they are cheaper than Bridgestone or Michelin too.

If I wanted the best that's what I would buy.

P.S. About 8 years ago I was recommended Falken's (I can't remember the number) for a new Impreza Turbo, they where absolute rubbish! I new this as I had an Impreza before and it had Dunlops on it. One good thing about the Falkens was they where so hard I did 2 track days on them and you would not have known (I'm not a slow driver) but on the road crap, really crap. I left the car in for it's first service and the mechanic took it a drive, when he came back he said the car was fine but the tyres where terrible. :scare:I took them off after 1000 miles and put GOODYEAR EAGLE F1's on and the car was transformed. :yahoo:Since this I have a big fear of bad tyres on a good car...................bad tyres will ruin a good car

Don't mean to butt in but as far as I know GOODYEAR EAGLE F1's are the best sports road tyre in the wet and 1 of the best in the dry, I think they are cheaper than Bridgestone or Michelin too.

If I wanted the best that's what I would buy.

P.S. About 8 years ago I was recommended Falken's (I can't remember the number) for a new Impreza Turbo, they where absolute rubbish! I new this as I had an Impreza before and it had Dunlops on it. One good thing about the Falkens was they where so hard I did 2 track days on them and you would not have known (I'm not a slow driver) but on the road crap, really crap. I left the car in for it's first service and the mechanic took it a drive, when he came back he said the car was fine but the tyres where terrible. :scare:I took them off after 1000 miles and put GOODYEAR EAGLE F1's on and the car was transformed. :yahoo:Since this I have a big fear of bad tyres on a good car...................bad tyres will ruin a good car

I think you'll find the Falkens have come on a lot in the last few years, in particular the FK452 is a very good tyre. If money was no object it wouldn't be my first choice but a fine alternative if pennies are tight. :)