Best tyres for a Z???

Greekman

I'm of the opinion that Nissan have spent millions developng this car and have determined the tyre sizes fitted as standard to be the optimun for the wheel size, gearing and chassis dynamics of the car. I for one would not fit larger size tyres without increasing the rim width and also ensuring the rolling radius remained unchanged.

I'm of the opinion that Nissan have spent millions developng this car and have determined the tyre sizes fitted as standard to be the optimun for the wheel size, gearing and chassis dynamics of the car. I for one would not fit larger size tyres without increasing the rim width and also ensuring the rolling radius remained unchanged.

Have to agree with you...think its common sense....had a look around and it seems as if dunlop sp sport maxx gts are way the best....what do you think???

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/Nissan/350z.htm

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Has anybody tried Pirellis on thier Z, either the P Zero Rosso or the new P Zero?

I think the new P Zero is only available in the rear fitment, but it did come out top of the most recent Auto Express tyre test.

I'm running B/S RE050A and seem far far better than the RE040's I took off.

Has anybody tried Pirellis on thier Z, either the P Zero Rosso or the new P Zero?

I think the new P Zero is only available in the rear fitment, but it did come out top of the most recent Auto Express tyre test.

I'm running B/S RE050A and seem far far better than the RE040's I took off.

Yes I run the new PZeros as tested by Autoexpress. They were also found to be the best performance tyre available by a leading German magazine.

They are not hardwaring but if you want the best...... Be careful not to be saddled with any Pirelli other than the new PZeros, their range is very confusing.

Just ordered my GY F1 asymmetrics £115 each fronts and £145 each rears..... profile from 45 down to 40 tho..... apparently if you wanna stick with the 45 profile on 18 rims you end up paying about £80+ per corner on the ps2s...... :scare:

Dont understand why.....anyway phil sent me my spacers and will send my eibach springs on monday.... should be all done and fitted by thursday.... so i ll keep you informed.... :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Geekman can you let me know how you rate the GY F1's on the car and confirm you are going for 235/40 and 255/40, I will need tyres soon on the back and if the upcoming DRAG & DRIFT day at Bishopscourt get my entry sooner :lol:

I asked for 225/40 and 245/40.....rear ones were not available for some reason as i found out in the end....45 prof not available either...

so i went for the ps2s.... £140 each front and £177 each rear...and instead of air nitrogen....

after 200miles grip superb...especially on the wet comparing to the mama bridges....

ride however 10 times better straight away....smooth and quiet....just amazing although i went down from 45 to 40 prof....think its the nitrogen as well tho...have tried it in the past on my maserati and it was great!!!!