Anyone else have the 350Z mod bug!

Adriank

I can't believe it really, i had the bug when i had my DC5, but when buying the Z i found one with the Nismo exhaust on it and in the best of intentions had absolutely no plans to mod it whatsoever...

Along comes the wales run and.. well the 19" nismo wheels looked ace, the Nismo spoiler and bodykit looked great, OOO carbon splitters, stubby aerials, nice brakes you have there lol the list goes on.

Now i cant go through the day without thinking about all the lovly goodies i could be buying for the Z, its going to bankrupt me for sure! Luckily i have just got a new more highly paid job, so that should mean i can afford a few little bits!

My MOD list as it stands now, in order (i think) of importance!

Dixcel Brakes Fitted

Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

Stereo replacement Fitted

Nismo (V1 or V2) Spoiler

Fit my 5Zigen Miracle Fireball Exhaust

S.U.MM.I.T Strut Bar

Kinetix Sports Cat's

New Anti Roll Bars

Nismo Rear Spats, Side Skirts and a carbon front Lip

New wheels (or refurb the rays)

Plenum Spacer

Think thats most of the important ones!

Does anyone else have a mental list like this, please post them up if you do, so i know im not the only wierdo!!!

Adrian

The Modding bug comes easily with the 350Z mate, and mine is right now!, my order is as of now, :teeth: !

1/Zed currently at ESR-Big Phil

2/Pick Z up from ESR - Big Phil

3/More Modz no doubt from ESR - Big Phil

4/Drive Home

5/Even more modz -ESR - Big Phil

6/Big Phil

7/Big Phil

8/Big Phil

9/Big Phil

10........................................and so on !

You get my drift, my first plan for the Zed is 100% completly different to what is under - going now :yahoo::lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

ill be honest. I had absolutely no intentions of modifying it. only really had intentions of changing the exhaust. one thing led to another. its not just that though. I mean I genuinely have a laugh and a good time at phils which just makes the whole modifying scene thing so much nicer. well my list goes

nismo twin intake's

nismo spats

nismo spoiler (soon to be carbon)

nismo skirts

nismo Lmgt 4

varis carbon lip

pf pads all round

mastergrade carbon rear diffuser

carbon gear knob

amuse r1 titan exhaust.

the interior is gonna be a suprise for everyone.

so Yeh the bug got me and I've still got it real bad.

-ho

I bought the car with the intention of modifying it. I'm not even sure of eveything i've done to it & some things have been changed a few times :blush:

I still have a list as long as my arm left to buy & as the car is worth so little now I may aswell keep ploughing my spare cash into it :teeth:

I should have a few more bits ordered by the end of the week aswell

ill be honest. I had absolutely no intentions of modifying it. only really had intentions of changing the exhaust. one thing led to another. its not just that though. I mean I genuinely have a laugh and a good time at phils which just makes the whole modifying scene thing so much nicer. well my list goes

nismo twin intake's

nismo spats

nismo skirts

nismo Lmgt 4

varis carbon lip

pf pads all round

carbon gear knob

amuse r1 titan exhaust.

-ho

Yeah its great when you have a place like that, i know a place near me, but they mainly deal with hondas, he can still get me most parts discounted and i have a laugh there, but it'd be nice to be nearer phils!

nismo twin intake's

nismo spats

nismo skirts

nismo Lmgt 4

varis carbon lip

pf pads all round

carbon gear knob

amuse r1 titan exhaust.

-ho

Yeah its great when you have a place like that, i know a place near me, but they mainly deal with hondas, he can still get me most parts discounted and i have a laugh there, but it'd be nice to be nearer phils!

lol Yeh im lucky only living about half an hour away but would your bank balance survive living this close. testament to phil and his crew aswell. I live max 10 mins away from envy and I don't go there

-ho

Mod bug??? Though this was just normal..

Just started to list but brain started to wobblee.... Like Ian, few things have been put on and replaced... And I have only had the car a little over a year!

Almost done, few more bits to fit before the end of the year... Will get a list together with pics!!

I bought this car and said to myself.. no modding.. which changed to well maybe a couple of cosmetic things..a stubby and some spats.... . to ooh what about a nice induction kit.. then well if i buy that i should get an exhaust.. then well if i get an exhaust i should get a full system... then do i really need those cats.. to well if i am doing that what about one of them plenum spacers.... and i should tart up the engine bay with some carbon... and if i am tarting up what about some spacers to make the rays look better.. and some suspension upgrades to make the wheels fill the wells better.... .. i have only had the car since 15 sep.. not spent yet but i don't think i can resist much longer... aaaaaaggghhh make it stop.. so many beautiful things and i can't afford them all.. well not at once :evil: i think "BigPhil" is the Jimmy Saville of the 350z world.. Dear Phil can you fix it for me to get lots more power.. and handling... and looks.... :) yours david manchester... :O)

I can't believe it really, i had the bug when i had my DC5, but when buying the Z i found one with the Nismo exhaust on it and in the best of intentions had absolutely no plans to mod it whatsoever...

Along comes the wales run and.. well the 19" nismo wheels looked ace, the Nismo spoiler and bodykit looked great, OOO carbon splitters, stubby aerials, nice brakes you have there lol the list goes on.

Now i cant go through the day without thinking about all the lovly goodies i could be buying for the Z, its going to bankrupt me for sure! Luckily i have just got a new more highly paid job, so that should mean i can afford a few little bits!

Dixcel Brakes Fitted

Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

Nismo (V1 or V2) Spoiler

S.U.MM.I.T Strut Bar

Kinetix Sports Cat's

New Anti Roll Bars

Plenum Spacer

Does anyone else have a mental list like this, please post them up if you do, so i know im not the only wierdo!!!

Adrian

You need rear LED's :p

Dixcel Brakes Fitted

Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

Nismo (V1 or V2) Spoiler

S.U.MM.I.T Strut Bar

Kinetix Sports Cat's

New Anti Roll Bars

Plenum Spacer

Adrian

You need rear LED's :p

+1 :thumbs:

Mods so far:

Costco floor mats from previous car

Elasicated netting from previous car

Cd's from previous car

New wiper blades

Falken tyres

Pitting on front bumper - took me no time at all to make that mod!

:lol::p

Dear Santa would like :

Nismo exhaust + Nismo alloys like Uncle Colins! B)

Dear Santa would like :

Be careful Stan, it starts with Nismo stuff and ends up in

custom-car-1.jpg

:lol::lol: Can see you in it on the next Wales trip :lol::lol:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo :scare::scare::scare:

Just a nice set of wheels thats really allI need - I like it as it came out of the factory to be fair - thats why I spent a fortune buying it :D

Anyway when are you going to the next meet - not seen you about for ages? Still got that Whiskey tasting stuff at the Fishermans retreat - I test drove my Zed up there and it was fine - they have even tarmaced the road now :yahoo:

http://www.fishermansretreat.com/whisky.php

Dear Santa would like :

Be careful Stan, it starts with Nismo stuff and ends up in

custom-car-1.jpg

:lol::lol: Can see you in it on the next Wales trip :lol::lol:

Not sure i should admit this, but...

I know the guy that made that car, its a Corsa underneath, he built it himself in a barn on his parents farm, did the bodywork and the paint. I never liked it looks wise, but you have never seen someone put so much time and effort into doing something as he did to building that car!

Well you have to give the guy A+ for effort and the dedication that must have gone into making that erm thing but its personal taste is'nt it? So if he likes it good on him?

Its like those people that customise Bedford Vans still with teardrop windows in the rear panels and shagpiile carpet inside :fool:

so though I would start small.

1. Nissan Z valve caps. Check

2. Nice 350z Boot mat. Check

3. Private plate. Check

Mmmm what next..

4. Well........ Really fancy an HKS supercharger. :)

5. and to handle the power needs some HKS shocks or similar.

Not really into the lips, spats, sides, spoilers, lambo doors thing

I would be happy to have a standard looking 400 bhp car. :-)

Just taken a 15% pay cut, bloody credit crunch!! so it may have to wait.